WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!

after months of searching for a reasonably priced CWC Royal Navy dive watch, i've finally got one incoming. hurrah!

special thanks to Saxon007 for giving me dibs on his before popping it onto the sales forum where it would undoubtedly disappear in two tenths of a second, robbing me of the opportunity of owning it.

this is saxon's pic, i'll have my own wrist shot when it arrives :D

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Great Watch!

One of my favorites. The CWC RN Auto is high up my "Why did I ever sell it? Gotta buy one to replace it list."

You are right. I would have been one of the guys trying to snap it up if it had been posted. No haggling, no deliberation; just "I'll take it. What is your Paypal?"

Wear it and enjoy it. They are basically impossible to find on the "previously loved" market.

Eddie's PRS-3 is intended to be an upgrade over the CWC as was his first series of PRS-3s , which were very similar to the quartz model. Still tough to beat the originals though.

as opposed to:

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Re: Great Watch!

Nice Catch to the OP and Mr. Boots those are some awesome shots!!

I have to say I have admired the CWC for a long time and with all that Tritium I am sure it has a great glow!!

I just got my Black PRS-3 and while it is lacking in the lume dept I am very happy with it. For about the same price as the CWC auto you can get Eddies Precista.

There are many things I really like about the origin and the Precista.

Enjoy it!!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: Great Watch!

i've seen maybe two or three show up on forums for sale over the last few months, and every time i'm just a little too late to grab one. i was extremely fortunate that Saxon took a (somewhat) random comment of mine seriously, and now it's incoming.

i haven't been this excited over a watch since ordering my first SAR watch, the TSAR, a long while ago. i may even do a Vs. review thread when i get the time.

[edit] man, i really like the double chapter ring on the Precista bezel. i may have to pick up one of those at some point too. save me from myself!

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I was looking for one, I realized they hardly EVER show up for used. Eventually I bit the bullet and got it from source. It was definately pricey, but I actually enjoy wearing it so much that it feels almost like a bargin.

Almost. I still love it though, probably wear it until it dies.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm actually really curious as to how robust the movement is. there's only one website that states it is a 2824-2, but it's unconfirmed, unless someone has popped the back off to check.

speaking of which, when i'm off shooting, or doing any shocking things, i still wear my quartz watches since i'm scared of damaging my autos. has anyone gone on any exercises, or done any shooting drills with their autos on who can tell me if the 2824-2 can withstand that kind of abuse?

·
Registered
337 Posts
i'm actually really curious as to how robust the movement is. there's only one website that states it is a 2824-2, but it's unconfirmed, unless someone has popped the back off to check.

speaking of which, when i'm off shooting, or doing any shocking things, i still wear my quartz watches since i'm scared of damaging my autos. has anyone gone on any exercises, or done any shooting drills with their autos on who can tell me if the 2824-2 can withstand that kind of abuse?
I have worn my Marathon G-SAR with the 2824-2 movt. shooting countless times and it's never missed a beat. It's still the most accurate auto watch I own. I shoot USPS, PPC and 3 gun matches all while wearing the G-SAR as well as countless qualification training days with shotgun and handgun work. I don't see you having any problems with your CWC.

By the way, I just picked up a CWC SBS quartz model and haven't taken it off for the last 2 weeks! Great watches, enjoy yours!

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
beautiful :D

well, now i know for sure i can rely on my SAR, GSAR and CWC completely. i was always worried the shock might damage the movement, so i would always switch to my TSAR before doing anything crazy.

thanks for the responses guys!

also, my CWC just arrived today, and it's definately most excellently built and looks great.

if i has the time, a review/comparison with SAR may come up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.