WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow watch lovers.

I without Knowing started to collect watches while in high school. I said without knowing because i did not know i would. Farther along the time line and after getting married, I started to keep a log of the watches I acquired, I Bought them new, old, damaged, and literally from off the curb on the sidewalk sellers of garbage. I kept them and play with them, fixed myself the ones that I could and the rest just kept for repair later, which I started to do this past weeks.
I mentioned somewhere before that i was sick and incapacitated at home for a couple of weeks recently and took the off time to check my collection, clean the time telling little machines and designed and build a drawer like piece of furniture to house them.

I will try to show the collection and the drawers as it comes all together. Hope you enjoy.

I would start by posting images of the design and how it is tonight the Drawer chest.
watch drwaers eskelton.jpg watch drwers 3d nd.jpg draewr 3d.jpg IMG_3218 (Small).JPG IMG_3220 (Small).JPG
After changing the design many times it ended up with 5 complete drawers and 4 split drawers wich are interchangeable with a tool drawer while the collection grows. is mad in MDF and later this week will be painted and knobs put on each drawer. hard thing is how am I going to put a lock on each drawer.(help) the drawers have 20 and 16 separate slots for large watches and smaller than 40mm watches.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, so i got it home now and didi the secret lock system on the upper 5 drawers and test it the pull handles. tomorrow will have it paint at a furniture makers place. The handles are aluminum license plate holders for motorcycle. ( .50 us cents each) Up to now have spend. 70 us dollars dont know how much the paint will be. the double height drawer on top is interchangable with the lower 2 drawers on lower left. while the collection grows will hold tools, batteries etc.
image1 (Small).JPG image2 (Small).JPG image3 (Small).JPG
The copper tube on the side of drawer will hold a cylindrical magnet of half inch which will move in and out with an exterior larger magnet that will be the key. When pull by the magnet from the outside it goes into a similar copper tube smaller on the frame of the chest and thus locking it. Reverse the magnetic field and the cylindrical magnate goes back into the drawer tube- and opens the drawer. The magnetic pulls of the magnet in the drawer is small and those corner slots will have either a cheap or nonmagnetic affected watch.
This is not a extreme security lock is just a keep your hands off unless i am present lock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi guys Finally my watch chest design have come home all ready painted and ready to be filled.
The knobs are motorcycle license plate fancy holder screws.
Last night i cut the drawer botton soft vinyl leather like covers. .

feel free to ask questions. any suggestions are welcome next project is a small box for my son who i am getting interested in watches.

DSC07000 (Small).JPG DSC06997 (Small).JPG DSC06995 (Small).JPG DSC06992 (Small).JPG DSC06990 (Small).JPG DSC06987 (Small).JPG DSC06985 (Small).JPG DSC06982 (Small).JPG DSC06981 (Small).JPG DSC06980 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow! Beautiful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am wondering how much will the magnets will affect the watches near them.
2.5 years later no problems wathsoever all good, i even bought a demagnetizer but have not have to used it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts