WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have two movement without case that I'd like to get info about if possible.The first one came from a solid 18k gold watch that got scrapped for it's weight in gold (both were ,a sin in my humble opinion).I was told it was a tunning fork movement made by the swiss watchmaker in answer to the accutron movement that was made in U.S.A.But nothing more.The watch itself was rarely worn (the signed crown looks new)and I was wondering if it could be of interest to anyone wanting to bring an old watch back to life.The second is a mechanical ladies watch from same company. IMG_2296.JPG IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2305.JPG IMG_2307.JPG And since I don't know Cyma or Synchron,I don't know if it is a rare or common movement.Thanks for the help and here are the pictures. IMG_2295.JPG

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,148 Posts
The first movement is a quartz movement, not a tuning fork movement. I don't know who made it but I suspect it is of generic origin. Cyma did make movements but I am not aware of them making quartz movements. The second looks like an FEF movement, something in the Cal. 6600 series:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: FEF 6600

Hartmut Richter

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,820 Posts
To answer the Synchron part, here is a related post from another thread

This is what I found on Doxa site in FAQ section about Synchron:
Q. What is the relationship between DOXA and Synchron? Why do some vintage models say Synchron on the back?
A. After the crisis of the Swiss watch industry in the seventies, DOXA joined a group of Swiss companies to be able to resist the crisis the group was called SYNCHRON - it was in that time when the watches manufactured carried the logo DOXA by SYNCHRON. The following companies were part of the Synchron Group (Girard Perregaux, Eberhard &Co., DOXA, Borel, Cyma etc..)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts