WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this was scheduled to release tomorrow, but I just found these on reddit so I thought I would share them here:

https://czapek.com/waiting-antarctique/

Neat looking in-house movement with a beautiful micro-rotor. Appears to be around 16k CHF.
CZAPEK_ANTC_Terre_Adelie_cobra_LOW-Grand-Logo-1-1024x768.jpg
CZAPEK_ANTC_Mouvement_lacquered_LR-1024x768.jpg
ANTC_Terre_Adelie_Deep_Blue-1024x1371.png
ANTC_Terre_Adelie_Burgundy-1024x1371.png

Thoughts?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like the design better than the Urban Jurgensen 1, now I wonder what is the diameter and the thickness of the beast, and the water resistance. Given the design, maybe it looks like a good contender for the VC Overseas? Difficult to judge on those pictures but I like the bold colors, a green variant would be cool!
The bracelet work is interesting, but in my view not as inspired as the Nautilus or RO bracelet. Again, comfort in the steel will need to be tried before any judgement can be made.

This release was really unexpected, but I guess it makes sense given the context. Every single brand has a bracelet integrated sports watch now. Hopefully they also come with different material later on (titanium an ceramic?).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well, I answered most of my questions by checking the website.
It is a 41mm diameter case by 10.6mm thickness, with 120m WR. I am adding the specs in the screenshots.
The movement has 56 hours PR, which isn’t incredible.

It looks really good in grey, but it seems that all 218 models have already been sold out before the release... which is odd.
The 3rd variant will release in fall supposedly (according to the website).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Every single brand has a bracelet integrated sports watch now.
OK, that made me put this together, because I was thinking the same thing... maybe I'm missing some? (I know there are lots of cheaper ones... and I'm stretching to include Tudor and Zenith here... I'm wondering if I'm missing any high-end, or near high-end ones.) A couple aren't really intgrated bracelets, but clearly want to look that way.

IntBraceletSmall.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cool to see some activity from the brand. Would definitely be interested to see that movement make its way into another model.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
OK, that made me put this together, because I was thinking the same thing... maybe I'm missing some? (I know there are lots of cheaper ones... and I'm stretching to include Tudor and Zenith here... I'm wondering if I'm missing any high-end, or near high-end ones.) A couple aren't really intgrated bracelets, but clearly want to look that way.

View attachment 15155923
Haha I’ve seen something similar recently on the internet and it had even more models who want to look the part, and most of them in blue dial too (Cartier Santos, JLC Polaris, IWC Ingénieur, H Moser Streamliner, panerai, tag, UN, Omega, Urban Jurgensen, etc.).

This Czapek is cool looking, but I can’t help but think: are we going through a lack of inspiration phase in watchmaking? If everyone does the same thing, is it beneficial to progress?
A lot of iconic designs were created as brand new designs at the time (think crown guards on Panerai, Ploprof from Omega, Navitimer, octogonal RO, Reverso, Cartier tank) and I’m wondering what our period will have created that’s unique.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

View attachment 15155923
Might as well throw the latest Wempe Iron Walker into the mix as well:
Wempe-Iron-Walker-full-collection-Steel-Sports-Watch-Integrated-Bracelet-18.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Might as well throw the latest Wempe Iron Walker into the mix as well:
View attachment 15156701
Not quite the same class as most of the others. Perhaps I shouldn't have included the Zenith and Tudor either. And there are many others out there - Seiko, TAG, etc. What's interesting to me is the trend filtering down to some of the more affordable brands. Wempe fits there, and Epos, for another example, now has two different models in this vein:

EposTemp1.jpg EposTemp2.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
I also just realized that I missed the Urban Jurgensen One in the collection image... and it was mentioned earlier in the thread! o|

It should replace the North Flag, if I want to keep the number the same.

EDIT: Updated the pic...

IntBraceletSmall.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is a reason for this. American style has been getting more casual each year. Now, it is even more important for watches to be washable than ever before. So, the watch brands are converging upon bracelet-based styles. That said, non-integrated designs like the Oyster and Speedmaster still exist with reasonable popularity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would you consider starting a thread for all these Integrated Bracelet Watches? They're legion. And every micro brand and his dog is starting one too.

They seem to be apeing the Oysterquartz, Ingenieur ad nauseum more so than the RO/Nautilus/Overseasn222

I also just realized that I missed the Urban Jurgensen One in the collection image... and it was mentioned earlier in the thread! o|

It should replace the North Flag, if I want to keep the number the same.

EDIT: Updated the pic...

View attachment 15158511

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Neat looking in-house movement with a beautiful micro-rotor. Appears to be around 16k CHF.
The current price shown on the website is 18K CHF... so it's gone up 2000CHF already! Must be selling well.

I also see that you can get a leather or rubber strap for it:

Capture.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Added the Czapek, Parmagiani, Porsche Design, Oris, Epos, Ball, Tudor, Maurice Lacroix, and Omega. Replaced the Hublot with the non-chrono version. Basically all the non micro-brand integrated bracelets I could find over ~$1000 currently in production... pretty arbitrary, but I wanted to draw some kind of line.

IntBraceletSmall.jpg

1 - 20 of 65 Posts