WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been trying to find the perfect all-rounder over on the German forum, so this is a bit of a cross-post, but since I've decided on a Damask, thought I'd post here too for your thoughts/experience. I'm split on which model to purchase. If anyone has had these and has any insight I'd love to hear it. FYI, totally blowing my budget as is! Thanks!

DA44 - probably my top choice, everything I've read about the bezel makes it sound excellent and I do like the look with the bezel and use bezels a bit.

DA34 - again, really like the aesthetics, but can't decide if I'd miss a bezel or not. Its a very clean look and seems like it would be a great one watch Also a bit less expensive so I could pick up the bracelet after some additional savings.

DA36 on bracelet - tempting as this is up on f29 for a good price right now and I could afford to buy the bracelet right away, which I'd really like. However, with the arabic numerals there's quite a bit of overlap with my Stowa flieger, which is my only other watch at the moment, so it's not as ideal. However, it is a classic.

Love to hear your thoughts!

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,395 Posts
"Perfect all-rounder" ? Difficult to answer. Imho no tool watch, and almost all Damasko are tool watches, can serve as a classic or dress watch. For all other needs it boils down to a personal decision and interpretation of what a perfect all-rounder is, so,it is always in the eye of the beholder.

I own(ed) the DA36, DA46, DA20, DC56, DC 66 and all served me perfectly. I'd go for a Damasko you did not list - the DA 46.

Review of the Damasko DA 46

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The da36 is more "casual" than the bezel versions, I've worn it with shirts, fits fine imo! But I sometimes think I would love the bezel.. So! Not easy haha! But I live my da36! Have the bracelet too!
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

/insert clever or funny note here\

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Have a DA 44 and everything else has been sidelined since it arrived. Mine is on a deployment strap, I don't really like bracelets. Everything you have read about the bezel is true, if you have any interest in engineering or are mechanically minded get the DA 44. Get something vintage as a dress watch for those days you wear a suit and tie. Enjoy it whichever you choose.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the insights everyone, especially helpful since you have experience with multiple versions of these watches. Luckily for me, I almost never have to dress up outside of weddings. An every-day watch for me is one which will do well for work out in the field doing research, teaching, a very casual office environment, and home with the kids - by far the harshest environment for any watch of mine :) I find myself drawn more to the marker versions (34, 44) than the numerals, so even though the 36 and 46 are classic, I'll probably stick with 34/44. There's also the money issue. I could either afford to get the 34 on bracelet or 44 on strap. Not both (or at least not for another year or so). So, that's the conundrum. I was asked on the f8 whether I wanted or needed​ a timing bezel. Tough, tough call.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would get the 44 on the strap and then get the bracelet separately down the road. It seems like you want the 44 but would settle for the 34 so you can have the bracelet. I think it's better to get the one you truly want even if it takes longer and is in two steps. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like the plain look of da34. But since you like the bezel and do not own a diver watch i would consider buying da44.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H815 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Some people sell their watch and buy a new one with a bracelet. Keep an eye out for a used DA 44 and get the bracelet later as icyblue and jimkar suggest. Only thing to add is the bezel is 60 click and bi-directional. Some of the older ones have to be sent back to Damasko to fit the bracelet, I think the holes in the lugs weren't standardised, I don't know after what serial number though that they are standard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DA44. the bezel really is nice. I had my eye on a DA46 for a black dial Damasko, but after owning a DA45, I am really considering the DA44. The simplicity of the markers with the numbers (either count down or hour) on the bezel compliment each other very well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I own a da34 and i love it! Don't care for numerals too much so that's why i decided to go with the less popular da34. But less popular doesn't mean inferior to the others.
Whatever you decide to go with, you can't go wrong with a Damasko |>.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts