WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im toying with the fact of getting an emergency. I love the look and the feel of it but i dont want to spend too much money after having strained my finances on other "worldly pleasures".

Have you come across Emergency's with a non-working transmitter?
Im looking to get one with a non-working transmitter as a daily beater and to see how it wears on with me before splurging on a brand-new emergency with my AD.

It sounds stupid, but i want to try on an emergency for a while before splashing on a brand-new one.

Any advice or where to get an emergency with a non-working transmitter?
thanks.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,832 Posts
I think this falls into the catagory of the perverbal "tough ask". Where does one begin. I think that anyone that has an "E" and uses it in ernest maintains it to the highest degree as their life depends on it. Sometimes one is up for auction that seems to be damaged or non functioning but they are few and far between. Many are in private hands and rest easy in the safe or like place and rarely see the light of day, still in perfect condition and commanding very good resale values. So bottom line, one has to balance "time in searching" cost against stumping up with the MSRP less dealer incentives and just going for the real thing. But I'm not in your shoes and this is down to how you value your time.
For me if the search took longer then two days full time the margin would start to look very thin. Best of luck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's like trying to buy a pretend parachute before buying a real one. Why bother? Either you like and need the real one or you don't.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Some sage advice. If you buy a real working one that is used and wear it for a few months and decide you don't like it, you're likely to get exactlly what you paid for it in the impending sale.

Todd

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im toying with the fact of getting an emergency. I love the look and the feel of it but i dont want to spend too much money after having strained my finances on other "worldly pleasures".

Have you come across Emergency's with a non-working transmitter?
Im looking to get one with a non-working transmitter as a daily beater and to see how it wears on with me before splurging on a brand-new emergency with my AD.

It sounds stupid, but i want to try on an emergency for a while before splashing on a brand-new one.

Any advice or where to get an emergency with a non-working transmitter?
thanks.
dear frogmanfreak,
if you want an emergency without the transmitter, you can buy the "aerospace". it has the same engine to that of the emergency, then if you like the aerospace, you can now go and buy the "aerospace with a transmitter" which is the "emergency".

·
Registered
940 Posts
dear frogmanfreak,
if you want an emergency without the transmitter, you can buy the "aerospace". it has the same engine to that of the emergency, then if you like the aerospace, you can now go and buy the "aerospace with a transmitter" which is the "emergency".
well said and practical advise since their difference may be just the transmitter ... and you end up with two very good model, aero & E
instead of a non-working E and a working E :-!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No no no....

i am intending to purchase a real emergency with a working transmitter. I have an intention to get a brand new E, but before i take the plunge into spending 3K (or rather 4K which i have set my eyes on a limited edition),
i wanted to purchase a non-working emergency to try it on in terms of feel, looks and handling, features, etc. of course the emergency transmitter would not be working, but there would be no way of me testing it either (besides the tester kit).

so what i wa saying was how can i purchase an emergency with a non-working transmitter? (and then selling it off and commiting 4K on a brand new)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
We know what you're saying but it's a weird request. I have never seen an Emergency for sale with a non working transmitter. I think the odds are equivalent to finding a pink elephant with 3 legs. I think you're better off biting the bullet to buy one and if you don't like it, sell it.

Todd

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like i would get a working standard Emergency and will take the plunge on a limited edition model later. thanks all.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
looks like i would get a working standard Emergency and will take the plunge on a limited edition model later. thanks all.
If you buy a second hand you will fair much better on the eventual sale, but you of course are assuming some risk there.

Todd

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's really a matter of semantics...If it didn't have a working transmitter, it wouldn't be an Emergency...It would just be a broken watch...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts