WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok, I need to start with a "don't flame me, bro" caveat as I know this has been talked about.

Background:

-I have a DA37 that is a year and a half old. I love it. I wear it about half of every week, if not more. I check it with a timing app every so often and it has always run at a very accurate +2 to 3 seconds per day. Impressive.

-I have 'heard' from various that Damasko uses the top-grade ETA 2836-2 in the DA 3-hand models. But I have also heard they use Elabore, and have also heard it is Standard grade.

-I have also heard that Damasko adjusts their watches meticulously in (insert your favorite number here) positions prior to sale. Again, many different stories.

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION: does anyone have a *definitive* answer on the movement grade, and how Damasko regulates their watches prior to sale? I have yet to see a definitive answer., andI even wrote Damasko asking this question but did not get a response.

I don't have any attachment to any particular answer -- I just love my Damasko, period -- but I am very curious...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great article and pics, so thanks for that, but no answers to my specific questions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,661 Posts
I don't know the exact particulars either, but of the four Damasko watches I have owned, all have pretty much ran within COSC specs.

So they either use great movements and/or regulate them from the factory as this brand has always given me very accurate timekeeping regardless of the model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Modern Damasco's use Standard ETA 2836-2 with some customizations. Given the accuracy (mine is within +-2 sec per day), I'm almost certain all of them undergo some serious factory regulation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts