WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like both of these watches are back up at damasko.de. Prices seem to have changed, but the watches look the same.

I also see that the English side of the website also has some of the updates that were limited to the German side before. From their menu, check out "Technology," "News," and "Models" for the updates.

http://damasko.de/eng/index.html

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,157 Posts
Cursor,

Thank you for pointing that out. Some people will be happy about being
able to buy the DA36 and DA37 even with the price 50 Euro more.

I see the price of the DC56 and DC57 were also increased by 50 Euro.
After a few years at the same price 4 per cent increase does not seem
unreasonable. It brings it almost up to the Sinn 756 price (in Germany).

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Intriguing! Way to go for the "little guy", I say. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm glad they are keeping on the 36 & 37 - means more people have a chance to try a Damasko.

·
Registered
15 Posts
THANK YOU Damasko for a wise decision to keep DA36 and DA37 !!!

I was quite disappointed to learn some time ago that these models were no loger manufactured and I was almost about to buy a Sinn 657 when I read that the DA36 (which is my best option) is back !!

Definitely I will try to buy a DA36!

And of course, thank you Cursor for bringing this to our attention.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
THANK YOU Damasko for a wise decision to keep DA36 and DA37 !!!

I was quite disappointed to learn some time ago that these models were no loger manufactured and I was almost about to buy a Sinn 657 when I read that the DA36 (which is my best option) is back !!

Definitely I will try to buy a DA36!

And of course, thank you Cursor for bringing this to our attention.
The DA36 is a great watch. You will love it! :-!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have the DA36 that I think that it is awesome. I would get another Damasko if they ever make the DA46, same as DA36 but with the bezel. That would be really useful for me. I like the large center sweep second hand. All the other models are 7750 based without permanent center seconds.

Helmut

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,157 Posts
MAR 11, 2010

WatchMann, Damasko dealer in the US, is showing all ETA 7750 chronographs
in stock and is taking orders for the DA36 and DA37 and the new Damasko
chronograph models with in house Si escapement.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
964 Posts
I see the DA46 is back! :eek:) But on the German page with some more tech info. 40mm diameter if the details are correct, not 42. Coming soon apparently ;-)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Michael, beautiful photo!

Plissken, thanks for the update. Look at that yellow luminous dot! This should make many very happy. :)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
According to their technical specs, the DA46 case width is 40mm, but the bezel diameter is 41.8mm. Overall height of the watch is 12.4mm. ;-)

I see the DA46 is back! :eek:) But on the German page with some more tech info. 40mm diameter if the details are correct, not 42. Coming soon apparently ;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I love the look of these Damaskos but was late to the party and now I have a chance to get one afterall. :)

Where in the US can I order one?

As a daily wear tool watch, how do these compare to a nice Flieger like a Stowa Airman? They seem chunkier at a glance, and of course have the day/date feature.

I'm concerned the Damasko may be too chunky for my 6.75" wrist.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I love the look of these Damaskos but was late to the party and now I have a chance to get one afterall. :)

Where in the US can I order one? Is there a lead time, or are they in stock?

How do these compare to a nice Flieger like a Stowa Airman? They seem chunkier at a glance, and of course have the day/date feature.
Watchmann.com is the U.S. distributor, and owner Greg Stein is accepting preorders for the DA36 and DA37. According to the Damasko website, they're projected to be released mid-April...but Damasko's well known for being late in their releases. ;-)

The Stowa Airman models are excellent by most(if not all) accounts of their owners. The Damaskos are known for their ice hardened cases(including shoulders, crowns, and pushers), which means that they're much more resistant to the scratches and dents that occur with everyday wear. And, like the Stowas, they're known for being very accurate right out of the box. :-!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts