WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 160 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I think you should get one, they are worth the money and you are a real pilot after all |>
No, if I were to spend that kind of money on a watch, I'd prefer the Sinn 556i or maybe 556a. I think the Damasko is nice, but I think the Sinn is nicer.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For me it was 100% the size. I find 40mm slightly too small for me in this case shape and the DA363 at 42mm is perfect. Beyond that I also really love the rehaut.
Reently bought a Da-373. Reason, DA-36 was too small for me. Love the case size and the design of the 373. Also like the fact that it has a domed crystal, and no AR on the outside. Leaves no fingerprints.

I have had a few Damasko watches in the past. Bought the DA-36. Sold it when the DA-46 became available, (I really like to have a Bezel for Timing short events). At some point sold the DA-46 to help fund a grail, (which has been sold since). Bought a DC-66Si. What an awesome watch, but in the end decided that I like a 3 hand watch best. The I saw this DA-373 for sale and decided to give it a try. Always come back to Damasko watches. Tough case. Exceptional styling. The DA-373 is a very nice watch, and although I like to have a Bezel, this watch has a few advantages over a DA-46 or DA-47. Larger case, Domed crystal, Rehout with 5-55. And, this watch does not eat shirt cuffs. I have only had this one for a few weeks, but it has become my daily wear watch, only being rotated out in the evening for either a Marathon JDD or TSAR for my night watch. The watch came with a Hirsh Performance Tiger strap. These new Hirsh straps are very nice. Good looking and extremely comfortable. Adds a bit of colour to the Black and white look of this watch. For those who prefer the DA-36, have a look at the other Hirsh Performance straps. They have one with yellow backing and black leather. As a matter of fact, Damasko now appears to be using the Hirsh straps on their watches with the Damasko hardened buckle. Great choice.

Best Regards,

Akitedog, from the WET coast of BC Canada

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
22,057 Posts
Interesting approach.....one could make a case that plenty of watches are worth "every penny". That does not make them any more affordable

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
That's a nice strap on the da36.. Custom?
-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-
ebay strap, search for "20mm Yellow Rally GT5 Carara"

Are the numerals lume coated?
nope factory dial minute markers only.

the da36 is one of my favorite watches, it's fun to forget about it and then rediscover it every few months, always gets noticed too!

No, if I were to spend that kind of money on a watch, I'd prefer the Sinn 556i or maybe 556a. I think the Damasko is nice, but I think the Sinn is nicer.
I've had the 556 at the time I thought it was the better solution because of the bracelet option, now that Damasko has a bracelet option it's not a factor, and I flipped the 556 it was just underwhelming, I've still got the U2 on a bracelet and I find it underwhelming too. Maybe it's just the bright yellow second hand that does it for me, it's a definite possibility I'm that simple. ;)

Reactions: whoa

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
Reently bought a Da-373. Reason, DA-36 was too small for me. Love the case size and the design of the 373. Also like the fact that it has a domed crystal, and no AR on the outside. Leaves no fingerprints.

I have had a few Damasko watches in the past. Bought the DA-36. Sold it when the DA-46 became available, (I really like to have a Bezel for Timing short events). At some point sold the DA-46 to help fund a grail, (which has been sold since). Bought a DC-66Si. What an awesome watch, but in the end decided that I like a 3 hand watch best. The I saw this DA-373 for sale and decided to give it a try. Always come back to Damasko watches. Tough case. Exceptional styling. The DA-373 is a very nice watch, and although I like to have a Bezel, this watch has a few advantages over a DA-46 or DA-47. Larger case, Domed crystal, Rehout with 5-55. And, this watch does not eat shirt cuffs. I have only had this one for a few weeks, but it has become my daily wear watch, only being rotated out in the evening for either a Marathon JDD or TSAR for my night watch. The watch came with a Hirsh Performance Tiger strap. These new Hirsh straps are very nice. Good looking and extremely comfortable. Adds a bit of colour to the Black and white look of this watch. For those who prefer the DA-36, have a look at the other Hirsh Performance straps. They have one with yellow backing and black leather. As a matter of fact, Damasko now appears to be using the Hirsh straps on their watches with the Damasko hardened buckle. Great choice.

Best Regards,

Akitedog, from the WET coast of BC Canada
Wow, that strap is absolutely amazing. The red sets off the dial beautifully.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Finally!! I'm in love <3

·
Premium Member
7,020 Posts
Posted this on the WRUW thread, but I think it deserves another. Currently on the Aevig NATO that comes with a Corvid.

Fireworks indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
About time! It looks fantastic, congratulations!
He'll yeah! Now the problem of getting straps.. Haven't got any 20mm.. And most of my others are 22..

Reactions: Iliyan

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You just got a new Damasko and now are getting some cool new straps. I don't see a problem here... :)
Not not a problem! Just that I don't know what to get :-D so.. I guess it's 1st world problems ;-)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Oh I can help you spend as much on straps as you paid for the watch, if you so wish ?
Haha.. Yeah you've gotten a few :-D buy I think I'm at a point right now where my watch spending spree has to be somewhat.. Small amounts ;-) but I'm thinking about getting one or 2 from Patrick mayby something like these

Can't remember who got the one with the yellow stitching for his 336 but in the pics it's not the same colour..

Reactions: SteamJ

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,934 Posts
Former Damasko DA37 owner here. I still believe the watches Damasko offers are the best-bang-for-the-buck luxury watches out there. Nearly impervious to scratches, incredibly legible, all that good stuff. Enjoyed the write-up and it most certainly reminded me why I was drawn to the brand two years ago. I'll have to consider acquiring another Damasko, preferably with bracelet, in the near future. :)

Reactions: RSDA and Iliyan

·
Registered
20 Posts
He'll yeah! Now the problem of getting straps.. Haven't got any 20mm.. And most of my others are 22..

finally got my DA36 yesterday and absolutely love it. The leather strap I have has the neon green stitching that matches the second hand. I've noticed some have white stitching while others have the green. I find myself just watching the second hand go by for minutes at a time...

the first thing I noticed when I held it for the first time was how solid it felt. you can tell when you pick it up that its a quality timepiece without knowing anything about watches.

looks like I'm officially in the damasko club!

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
finally got my DA36 yesterday and absolutely love it. The leather strap I have has the neon green stitching that matches the second hand. I've noticed some have white stitching while others have the green. I find myself just watching the second hand go by for minutes at a time...

the first thing I noticed when I held it for the first time was how solid it felt. you can tell when you pick it up that its a quality timepiece without knowing anything about watches.

looks like I'm officially in the damasko club!
Welcome ! Go to the German watches forum (f8) and introduce yourself as well.

141 - 160 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.