WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't be disappointed anymore ! When pre-ordering, you can choose. Rotating bezel insert options: 60-minute countdown or 12-hour ring!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
"Colorful" appointments on wristwatches reduce their professional look, turning them more into fashion statements. Consider a red or yellow or chartreuse chronograph hand on an Omega Speedmaster Professional. See what I mean?

heb

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is this the same case as the da44/46? I ask because I've been trying to track down lug to lug length for the 42/43 without success.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
839 Posts
Someone in the "2017 Watch Purchase Abstinence" thread is talking me out of the DA43 by saying the lume fades (to the point of unreadable dial) very quickly. Can anyone with a white dialed Damasko contradict this claim?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Someone in the "2017 Watch Purchase Abstinence" thread is talking me out of the DA43 by saying the lume fades (to the point of unreadable dial) very quickly. Can anyone with a white dialed Damasko contradict this claim?

You may want to ask this on the Damasko forum instead of this image gallery subforum. Also, "very quickly" is very subjective. Is he talkin 5 minutes? 5 hours?

I have a DA47 and it does not fade very quickly, it has perfect legibility throughout the night if you hit it with a flashlight before going to sleep. Besides, have you woken up at 4:00am and looked and your phone and nearly all lost all eye sight if you have the brightness turned all the way up? Brighter isn't always better either.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You may want to ask this on the Damasko forum instead of this image gallery subforum. Also, "very quickly" is very subjective. Is he talkin 5 minutes? 5 hours?

I have a DA47 and it does not fade very quickly, it has perfect legibility throughout the night if you hit it with a flashlight before going to sleep. Besides, have you woken up at 4:00am and looked and your phone and nearly all lost all eye sight if you have the brightness turned all the way up? Brighter isn't always better either.
I have a DC58 (don't know if lume different) but no problems on lume lasting all night.

BTW, I am lusting after a DA42 or DA46 with 12-hour bezel. I think the 12-hour bezel is really convenient for tracking a 2nd time zone without changing your time. And you can easily use it as a minute counter by just multiplying by 5.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have a DC58 (don't know if lume different) but no problems on lume lasting all night.

BTW, I am lusting after a DA42 or DA46 with 12-hour bezel. I think the 12-hour bezel is really convenient for tracking a 2nd time zone without changing your time. And you can easily use it as a minute counter by just multiplying by 5.
The 12 hour bezel was a must when I was buying my DA47. And Damasko has arguably the best bezel around, super solid clicks, impressively precise and it is bi directional...love that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes I would definitely get the 12 hour bezel.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes I would definitely get the 12 hour bezel.

And the 12 hour bezel is pretty rare across brands. I was at an AD that carried about 12 brands (like Omega, Zenith, Bremont, Oris, Muhle Glashütte, Grand Seiko, Ball and Glashütte Original) and he could not think of a watch with 12-hour bezel. In fact, I can't name another watch with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts