WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the DC56 for 5+ weeks and it has pretty much been my daily watch. Performance wise, the watch has settled in at a consistent +4 seconds per day. The 7750 movement seems to be tighter than several other 7750s that I've had. There is some slack on the minute hand when setting the time but not as much as the others. The nice thing about the tighter movement is that the minute hand does not jump when you pull the crown out and push it back in. I tend to "regulate" the watch by stopping it for a 4 count in the morning and dont have to worry about the minute hand moving off of its approriate position. The case is almost bullet-proof. Some light bumps have made not even a small ding. The external anti-glare coating does get smudged but is easily cleaned with a soft cloth. If Konrad ever does make a bracelet for it, I'm so there but it looks just fine on a black strap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the post!
Could you please expand on your "regulation"? I'm new to mechanical watches and the one thing that always bothered me from looking at pictures is the alignment of the minute hand when the seconds hand is at 12. I assume this is a way to prevent that?
Do watches, when they are delivered, have perfect alignment which then changes due to +-seconds / day on the 7750? I'm on a waitlist for a Damasko myself and would like to prevent/fix (if possible) minute hand misalignment that I often see in watch photos.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Thanks for the post!
Could you please expand on your "regulation"? I'm new to mechanical watches and the one thing that always bothered me from looking at pictures is the alignment of the minute hand when the seconds hand is at 12. I assume this is a way to prevent that?
Do watches, when they are delivered, have perfect alignment which then changes due to +-seconds / day on the 7750? I'm on a waitlist for a Damasko myself and would like to prevent/fix (if possible) minute hand misalignment that I often see in watch photos.
You just need to play with it when setting it rb.
As in bringing the minute hand either clockwise to the set point or reverse to see where the slack, if any, is, if you follow.
It can be tedious but you'll get it down.
He's meaning his watch is keeping a steady +4 per day accuracy and he's pulling the crown out for 4 secs to adjust and the minute hand isn't moving during this and keeping his good alignment I believe.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I've had the DC56 for 5+ weeks and it has pretty much been my daily watch. Performance wise, the watch has settled in at a consistent +4 seconds per day. The 7750 movement seems to be tighter than several other 7750s that I've had. There is some slack on the minute hand when setting the time but not as much as the others. The nice thing about the tighter movement is that the minute hand does not jump when you pull the crown out and push it back in. I tend to "regulate" the watch by stopping it for a 4 count in the morning and dont have to worry about the minute hand moving off of its approriate position. The case is almost bullet-proof. Some light bumps have made not even a small ding. The external anti-glare coating does get smudged but is easily cleaned with a soft cloth. If Konrad ever does make a bracelet for it, I'm so there but it looks just fine on a black strap.
Welcome to WUS, congrats on your 56 and thanks for the good report!
As far as the case, you can pretty much forget about marring it.
Barring a real disaster, it should look new from now on :-!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the post!
Regulation means trying to make a mechanical watch as accurate as possible. Sometimes that can be done with one of the overnight positions (ie: the watch runs 3 seconds fast during the day and loses 3 seconds crown up on the nightstand overnight). For a watch like mine that's fast and doesn't really slow down overnight, a quick 4 second stop in the morning gets it close to 0 accuracy for the day. Every chrono with a 7750 movement that I've ever had has some slack in the minute hand when you set the time. There are several ways to overcome this. Some find that moving the minute hand s few seconds behind and then back up does it. Others go past the minute mark and then back into it. It depends on the individual movement and you do have to play with it to determine which technique works best. Once you do set the time on the DC56, it's minute hand alignment is rock solid, a very nice thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts