WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks -

I am seriously considering a new Damasko watch, but I can't decide on a DC57 or DC67. I do know that it will be a chrono and I like the full-lume dial, but having never seen one or had a wrist shot to compare, I am unsure on the size issue.

Currently, I have watches around 40mm+ (Sub, Anonimo Mille, Stowa Prodiver, Ocean 7) and they work well for me size wise. I will likely wear the Damasko on a Zulu and I do prefer the 22mm lugs of the DC67, but the clean face/bezel of the DC57 is also appealing.

Also, can anyone confirm if the DC67 bezel is uni-directional or bi-directional?

Please share your thoughts and opinions to help me decide. If anyone has experience with both, or maybe wrist or comparison photos, I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance.

Hoppy

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
The bezel is definitely bi-directional.

Hmm, haven't seen anyone with a DC67, but you might well find someone with both a DC66 and a DC56. If you look for posts by abraxas, he has had both so you may get some wristshots for comparison. I have a DC57 and am very happy with it, you'll find a bunch of my pics at: http://www.davidevans.plus.com/Watches/Damasko/

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Dave. Nice photos on your site. What is your wrist size? I am trying to compare how it will look on me.

The lume shot is fantastic, how long does it glow?

Thanks.

Hoppy

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I have had a chance to own both the DC66 and DA36 and I would say get the DC67. The size is perfect and the bezel is so nice. I had a non ratcheting bezel on my Sinn 103 that I disliked. The bezel on the DC66 & 67 is amazing. Mine ratchets perfectly and the insert is amazing. The size is very comparable to your Ocean7 while the smaller case on the 56 is too small in my opinion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
To Hoppy,

Looking at the other watches you have, I see that you can handle the larger size of the 67. One complain I had with the 56 is that it’s a high watch … the 66 (at the same height) has wider footprint and balances the watch better on the wrist. And of course the bezel is so over-engineered, it’s obscene.

I am also looking along the lines of a 67 but I am not too sure about the black bezel. I think at some point Crusader was going to approach Damasko for a possible white insert (I think for the 47) and I have some of my own ideas about a possible engraved bezel … but these are for the future.

john

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Thank you Dave. Nice photos on your site. What is your wrist size? I am trying to compare how it will look on me.

The lume shot is fantastic, how long does it glow?

Thanks.

Hoppy
Hoppy, my wrist is about 6.75", not particularly large but fairly wide. The lume on the DC57 works fine for me to read it all through the night.

This is a 42mm Breitling on my wrist (I'd have thought it would be a reasonable size match with a 66):

Actually, this Marcello C Tridente might be a closer match in size (I don't have this one any more):

Based on the others you have, you'd probably like the 66/67 size. I'm seriously thinking about adding a 67 when I can afford it with the 12h bezel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts