WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nah that's cool by me. Think it helps the discussion about Si within Damasko's offering.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Fair point, it’s literally my third post on the forum. Not sure if I can start a new post. But let me try. Thanks for your suggestion
You'll get more responses - there's always a lively debate between those who opt for more established brands like Omega and those who prefer German "upstarts" like Sinn and Damasko. Best of luck!

Reactions: Waqar Akram

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard they couldnt get enough Si systems for general sales but that I could custom order one.

I dont have ANY watch from swatch group. I have issues already with ETA but these are so heavily modified, they're more Sinn or damasko than ETA so that I can handle.

I just.... dont like conglomerate brands. I recognize their need and their place in the market! But I choose independence If i can. So. No omega.
Thanks mate for a more open approach towards making forum a cool and friendly place. I certainly understand your point about omega and I share the same opinion. I am planning to drive to Damasko, if they r open for visits to check the size on my wrist and maybe a more in person discussion can spin up something nice and custom for me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Very cool you were able to satisfy your very specific needs with Damasko. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was asked here somewhere what the Si system includes. Well... Here goes!

• Damasko oscillating system – regulated in 5 positions
  • Silicone balance spring
  • Balance wheel
  • Mass weights
  • Reinforced barrel
  • Balance bridge
  • Ceramic rotor bearings.
  • Chrono grade movement
Haha, I'm only just diving into this now!

A balance bridge: nice. I think for a watch that has to withstand even the harshest conditions, a balance bridge is absolutely necessary. I've written about balance bridges over balance cocks before. It's I believe one of the reasons why Rolex movements are so robust!

Reinforced barrel: I don't know what that for benefit yields

Mass weights: idem.

Ceramic rotor bearings: yeah, I just like the sound of this, haha! I hope this will eliminate some of the noise associated with the 7750 rotor?

Chrono grade movement: ah, nice added bonus.

All in all, this will be even more to my liking than what it originally already was!

·
Registered
3 Posts
orpheo, I think you made excellent choise, having your watch equipped with Damasko SI technology.
I had 2 Si watches from Damasko and the movement was just perfect.
I am also looking forward to see pics of the watch + guitars :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
That’s amazing, maybe a thing I will consider when pulling the trigger. Quick question: does the DC82 not have the faraday cage and hence a complete magnetic protection?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That’s amazing, maybe a thing I will consider when pulling the trigger. Quick question: does the DC82 not have the faraday cage and hence a complete magnetic protection?
A Faraday cage helps against EM fields and yes, EM fields and magnetic fields are closely linked but not entirely. I work with Faraday cages for my work as well and believe me...a Faraday cage on such a tiny scale has little (no) effect on the magnets I work with. So what is being done is find materials that don't respond to magnets, at all, such as the silicon spring/balance or in conventional watches, the Nivarox spring for example. Nivarox as well as silicon aren't just just less (to not) perceptable to magnetic fields but also temperature changes.

Rolex has their own balance spring, by the way, called Parachrom Blu.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thank you for creating this thread! Knowing this is possible is ideal to commemorate an upcomimg milestone.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I love the look of the watch. I'd like it better without the date for this particular design. Just personal preference... plus I wouldn't have to re-set it at the end of every month that's shy of 31 days. :)

Just so I understand the functions... the little airplane hand is the one that counts the minutes, right?

And, no running seconds for the time?

I love the green. I normally like orange. But, everyone does orange. The green is different and striking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
DC80 is the version without date. Indeed, the DC80/82 has no running seconds, but the DC86 does as a subdial (along with 24hr time (AM/PM really) & elapsed chronograph hours).

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No running seconds is a bit of a pickle, I'm no fan of that but I wanted something without subdials to off-set it against my Sinn EZM10 Testaf, but no date? No. That's too much. Only my Laco B-Uhr gets to go without a date because it is a 45mm replica of the original (yeah yeah it's an automatic, not a handwind...).

I opted for all white, by the way. I want it to look a bit like a diver from a distance. But... it's not! :D

What is the saying again? "Just one more watch"? For me, it's 4 more. An original B-Uhr, IWC Big Pilot titanium, Grand Seiko Snowflake, JLC Master Calendar Chronograph. I'm trying to get two a year... But the Jaeger? That will take a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very exciting to see the first DC82 Si coming to life! Will it be engraved "DC82Si" on the caseback? Will you take a 0000 serial number?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Very exciting to see the first DC82 Si coming to life! Will it be engraved "DC82Si" on the caseback? Will you take a 0000 serial number?
I have no idea, on both accounts!

Just 8 more weeks to go!

Q2 of 2021 is shaping up to be much better for me than Q2 2020.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts