WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Looking forward to some pics! What kind of strap/bracelet are you planning to use?
It should be out for delivery tomorrow!!!!!!

I am going to use the Damasko manufacture bracelet. I mean, everything is already not-cheap (didn't wanna say expensive because compared to other German brands, this is cheap but effectively, it's not haha) but I might swap it out in due time for a Flieger-style leather strap. But I rarely swap straps/bracelets.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I edited the first post of this thread to reflect the current situation.

TL;DR: DAMASKO IS AWESOME. And I want another one like this. Why? No reason. Perhaps if they can alter the dial, perhaps? But that's just because I love this piece. It's SO... CLEAN.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
sneaky. Looks awesome. still Waiting on mine to finish.
In post #44 I say that I edited the first post. When people go into the thread they see the pics in the opening post instead of having to look for photos. ☺

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,043 Posts
I asked Greg at WatchMann about doing the Si treatment on a DC 80. He said no. There is an issue with a parts supplier due to COVID, and Damasko won't consider a "special request" for the Si upgrade right now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I asked Greg at WatchMann about doing the Si treatment on a DC 80. He said no. There is an issue with a parts supplier due to COVID, and Damasko won't consider a "special request" for the Si upgrade right now.
I asked too and he said it’s harder to service, requires special training and tools. Just FYI. What’s the practical benefit to the Si mod?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Practical?

Balance bridge makes it even more shock proof.

Silicon makes it even less susceptible to magnetic fields (which is great for me in my line of work).

Longer intervals for service.

Quieter rotor due to ceramic ball bearings.

Mind you. It's not just the silicon balance spring and wheel. It's much more.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts