WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a secondhand DA44 with bracelet, and experienced trouble with the winding stem, and sent it do Damasko for a repair under warranty. I recieved the watch 18 days ago, and have worn the watch every day since. What amazes me is that during those 18 days, the movement has gained just 5 seconds in total! (It had gained just 2 seconds total yesterday, but i took the watch off my wrist yesterday to lay on the nightstand during the night, which led it to gain an additional 3 seconds).

This is by far the best regulated ETA-movement i have had in any watch, and speaks volumes as to the attention to detail and cq Damasko has before returning a watch to a customer. Cudos!

The overall feeling of german craftsmanship and quality of both the watch and bracelet is amazing, and a find it hard to wear any of my other watches. I just keep coming back to my Damaskos!

Image1463322077.525566.jpg

Image1463322098.057030.jpg

Image1463322109.813971.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
My DC57 gains maybe 4-5 seconds per day so it's not super accurate. My Eterna gains maybe a second per day but my Junkers gains almost 20 seconds per day so can't really complain about the Damasko.

Reactions: Zedloc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My DC57 gains maybe 4-5 seconds per day so it's not super accurate. My Eterna gains maybe a second per day but my Junkers gains almost 20 seconds per day so can't really complain about the Damasko.
Then we have the opposite, my Eterna is less accurate than my Damaskos

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have one of the early DA37s with the top grade movement. It's very accurate to within +1 to +2 seconds over 24 hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My DA36 is +1 second a day, excellent accuracy.
That is indeed excellent accuracy. My DA34 loses 6 seconds a day, which is acceptable but if anyone has a suggestion for a night-time position for my watch that might improve this daily loss then I'm all ears!

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
That is indeed excellent accuracy. My DA34 loses 6 seconds a day, which is acceptable but if anyone has a suggestion for a night-time position for my watch that might improve this daily loss then I'm all ears!
Trial and error. Only 5 positions to try out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I own a DA47 that is about -1/per day. ON another note, seeing the 47 next to the 44 makes me think that is my next Damasko. At first I only liked the numeral dial damaskos but the more I look at them, the more I like them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Then we have the opposite, my Eterna is less accurate than my Damaskos
Do you have a chrono or a three-hander? Might be that the 7750 movements are more difficult to regulate?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought both the DA47 and the DA44 preloved. The DA47 (2013) came with a rubber strap, and the DA44 (2014) came with the leather strap, and was sent to Damasko last year and was retrofitted with the bracelet.

I feared the bracelet would not fit the DA47, considering the bracelet needing to be retrofitted to match the lugholes. To my surprice the bracelet fits like a glove, which is good news for those of you who may buy a bracelet secondhand, and dont want to send it to Damasko to be retrofitted :)

Image1463668766.862475.jpg

Image1463668781.952698.jpg

Image1463668795.946139.jpg

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
I would appreciate we return to the OP's topic DAMASKO MOVEMENT ACCURACY. ;-)

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My DA 44 is losing 3-4 seconds a day. Has anybody noticed better accuracy by hand winding it? I rarely hand wind mine, just wear it. Crown down at night if I don't wear it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My da34 has gained 23 sec in a week. Happy with that :-d.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been wearing my DA20Black for the last 3 weeks, and it loses 3 seconds per day - everyday. I reset it every day (thanks to the hacking seconds). I have been tempted to leave it for a week to see what happens, but I am a bit worried about missing trains here in Switzerland.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts