WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
While I cant speak to the accuracy of the Damasko movements myself. I must say that those two look so good on the bracelet!! Beautiful watches.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just timed my brand new DA46 and it's running +4 seconds over the last 48 hours. It's by far the most accurate mechanical piece I've ever owned.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My DC57 gains maybe 4-5 seconds per day so it's not super accurate. My Eterna gains maybe a second per day but my Junkers gains almost 20 seconds per day so can't really complain about the Damasko.
Looks like the watch has settled down. Now it seems to be around +2 seconds per day which I find to be excellent. Maybe it'll catch up to the Eterna soon :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
My DA37 typically runs about 2 to 3 seconds fast per day, and it is about a year and a half old -- very happy with it!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Just finished 7 consecutive days of wear of my DK 101 (actual time on-wrist: 22+ hrs/day). Its average daily rate = +1.13 secs/day. I'm good with that. As a reference, before wearing the watch I did a couple of weeks of static accuracy checks at each of the 5 positions. The static tests were done at room temperature (72F). The Average Daily Rate over the 5 positions was +6.5 s/d with a max. deviation between the position's rates of 4.8 s/d. As you can see, there is a big difference in average daily rates (delta = -5.4 s/d) between wearing it and not. This is typical of most wristwatches.

I was curious as to the stability of the watch's silicon hairspring as the watch wound down so in the dial up position, I calculated a daily rate after 24 hrs then at 48 hours (without winding). The ave. daily rates were, respectively, +7.1 and +6.1 s/d. The watch eventually stopped after 52.8 hours. Apparently, silicon has pretty good benefits to a wristwatch.

heb

heb

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess i've been very lucky. My DC56 is running 0.5 secs/day after 6 months of almost daily wear. I have tried to double check this a lot since at first I thought I was mistaken and my readings are correct. I also have a DA38 and that one runs ate -2 secs/day.

I bought a secondhand DA44 with bracelet, and experienced trouble with the winding stem, and sent it do Damasko for a repair under warranty. I recieved the watch 18 days ago, and have worn the watch every day since. What amazes me is that during those 18 days, the movement has gained just 5 seconds in total! (It had gained just 2 seconds total yesterday, but i took the watch off my wrist yesterday to lay on the nightstand during the night, which led it to gain an additional 3 seconds).

This is by far the best regulated ETA-movement i have had in any watch, and speaks volumes as to the attention to detail and cq Damasko has before returning a watch to a customer. Cudos!

The overall feeling of german craftsmanship and quality of both the watch and bracelet is amazing, and a find it hard to wear any of my other watches. I just keep coming back to my Damaskos!

View attachment 8122362

View attachment 8122370

View attachment 8122394

·
Registered
48 Posts
My DA36 has been very precise so far, sometimes it would gain or lose a second or so, then I would just leave it face up or crown up overnight and it's spot on again in the morning. I don't really have to ever adjust it at all.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Ex DC56 was +1s on 5 days when worn, or +1s flat on the nightstand; current DC66 is +5s a day, slowing down a bit when 12' face down. For non chronometer certified watches, Damasko always impressed me.

Waiting a couple years from now on and might pick something inhouse.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just purchased a DK14 and right out of the box it was losing more than 20 seconds a day. On my third or fourth day of ownership I wore it on a work trip from the USA to Rwanda, and things got really bad. It began losing between 32 seconds to 50 seconds per day, and the rate was all over the place. I just sent it back to the AD for repair. One of the biggest reasons I chose this watch was for the reliability of this modern movement. I expect to have results like yours Heb when I get the watch back.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I understand that Damasko stopped using top grade 2836 movements several years back but their accuracy is excellent (my DA-35 is about +1 or 2/day, depending on whether I am wearing it or not - more accurate when I am wearing it). I am curious as to what modifications to the movement supplied, if any, the dedicated horologists perform to ensure consistent accuracy.; I don't know that careful regulation at the factory alone would ensure continued accuracy over the years that the watches achieve.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My DA38 is not performing anywhere near everyone else's watches. It must lose 30-60s per day. I wore it on Friday, took it off to sleep, and by Saturday morning, ~10hrs later, it had lost 15 min. Are the warranties transferable as I bought it used (warranty card is dated Jan 2015)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I have a DK 10 that is 2 years old. From the start it lost -5 seconds a day which was disappointing. After moderste use in the last 2 years it is now losing 11 seconds or so per day. I was offered to send it back to Damasko via Singapore first but declined just for a regulation. I will have it regulated here in Toronto and see what happens in the near future.

I just purchased a DK14 and right out of the box it was losing more than 20 seconds a day. On my third or fourth day of ownership I wore it on a work trip from the USA to Rwanda, and things got really bad. It began losing between 32 seconds to 50 seconds per day, and the rate was all over the place. I just sent it back to the AD for repair. One of the biggest reasons I chose this watch was for the reliability of this modern movement. I expect to have results like yours Heb when I get the watch back.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a DK 10 that is 2 years old. From the start it lost -5 seconds a day which was disappointing. After moderste use in the last 2 years it is now losing 11 seconds or so per day. I was offered to send it back to Damasko via Singapore first but declined just for a regulation. I will have it regulated here in Toronto and see what happens in the near future.
Wow...that really doesn't sound very good at all. I would probably send it back for servicing right away. The in-house A35 movement should perform within cosc specs. At least that's what is claimed, and personally I wouldn't take anything less at the price point of the DK10.

Btw all the various Damasko models seem to be tuned very well when leaving the factory. Arrival of my new DA46 is expected within 1-2 weeks. Anything outside a -5 to +5 range would be less satisfactory to me personally (knowing the accurate tuning Damasko does on their watches).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had my DC56 Si about a month and it gains 6.4 seconds a day. It doesn't matter what position it's in or whether it's on or off the wrist, it's pretty consistent.

Just outside COSC, I think I'll stick with it and see if it improves.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My DA46 is now on +3 seconds a day. That's after 4 months of daily wear.

Very happy with performance!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

·
Registered
125 Posts
How do you check how accurate your watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a Casio G-Shock that synchronizes with an atomic clock via radio signal each night.

I compare the Damasko with the time on the G-Shock (at the same time of day each time) and divide the difference by the number of days that have passed since I last set it.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts