WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I track my DA46 using the Time.Is website ( https://time.is/ ) to measure how many seconds my watch has gained or lost from the previous day. I keep the results in a spreadsheet so I can see if timekeeping suddenly changes.

Last week I also started using the Watch Tracker app (ios only, I believe). For just $5, I can indulge my OCD compulsive nature and have pretty graphs to look at. Honestly, I'm not sure it's any more accurate than my other way. But it's fun.

·
Registered
426 Posts
ETA movements are pretty great whatever they are in, always able to get them to a few seconds a day (of course unless they are dirty in need of service)

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
My DA46 has an average of -0.5 seconds/day since December 10. It "sleeps" with the crown down.
o| drats, Maedox, mine is +6 to +8 per day.
Not worth sending back to WatchMann, IMHO, but frustrating to hear how much better-regulated other peoples' watches are.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not worth sending back to WatchMann, IMHO, but frustrating to hear how much better-regulated other peoples' watches are.
I guess I got lucky after the last trip to Damasko. It wasn't far from yours in the beginning and then suddenly got much worse. Regulation was complimentary from Toptime, but +6 is pretty good, so I wouldn't bother. Have you tried leaving it in different positions when you take it off? With mine there is several seconds difference between crown up and down. I can probably get mine closer to ±0 if I alternate positions once in a while.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
After a week on the wrist (to be more accurate, 6 days on the wrist and one day in the watch box) my DA38 is 4 seconds fast, so well under +1 per day. I'll be very happy if it stays like that.

Interestingly it was pretty much bang on (maybe half a second fast) after 4 days, but after a day without wear was +5. I would've thought it might lose time whilst stationary with the power reserve depleting, rather than gaining time.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Most of my watches speed up as the power runs out. I have heard it is because the balance wheel doesn't rotate through as large an angle so each cycle happens just a tiny bit faster.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I recently acquired a Damasko DA36 Damest coated version......very surprised and happy with the accuracy. I've had other ETA watches but this has been top of the list.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I haven't timed my DK11 recently, but it ran within a couple of seconds for the first two years, gradually picking up speed. When it got to around +4 to +5 s/d I sent it back to Damasko for regulation and it's back around 1-2 s/d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
My DA34 out of the box (3 months ago) ran 4.2 seconds fast per day. It settled down a bit, it is now running 2.5 seconds fast per day over the last 2 weeks.
(Both measurements over several weeks. 12 down at night is slowest position. When in winder it gains 2 seconds per day extra).

·
Registered
64 Posts
mine was doing great till a couple of days ago.. now it runs at about +9 per day.. I will test it at different positions. I am hoping that it will get better, I bought mine from London and I have to send it via international post which will cost me about $60+ bucks.

I guess I got lucky after the last trip to Damasko. It wasn't far from yours in the beginning and then suddenly got much worse. Regulation was complimentary from Toptime, but +6 is pretty good, so I wouldn't bother. Have you tried leaving it in different positions when you take it off? With mine there is several seconds difference between crown up and down. I can probably get mine closer to ±0 if I alternate positions once in a while.
I laid mine flat last night, +5 in 12 hours had it almost vertical at the "6" position it was about 7 seconds fast.. I will try it crown side down tonight. hope it gets better. it's +5 when I was wearing it today for 10 hours. Contemplating on shipping it for repair.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My DA36 has been in daily use since I got it at the beginning of November, only making way for my Archimede Deck Watch for a few hours here and there (Christmas parties, visits to restaurants, etc) and I've been tracking its accuracy using the WatchCheck app (Android version).

Period 1 (3 Nov - 1 Dec)
Deviation at start : +0.1s
Deviation at end : +19.3s
Days : 28
Average Rate Error : +0.68 s/d

Period 2 (1 Dec - 24 Dec)
Deviation at start : +19.3s
Deviation at end : +47.3s
Days : 23
Average Rate Error : +1.2 s/d

I reset the time, since it was now almost 1 minute fast, after almost 2 months

Period 3 (24 Dec - 30 Jan)
Deviation at start : -0.1s
Deviation at end : +50.2s
Days : 36
Average Rate Error : +1.4 s/d

I reset the time on Jan 30th, this time to -15s, thinking I would have approximately 1 month with the time correct to +/- 15 seconds...

Period 4 (Jan 30 - present)

Deviation at start : -15.1s
Deviation today : -5.1s
Days : 10
Average Rate Error : +1.0 s/d

Over the period November 3 to February 9th the rate has averaged +1.07 s/d.
The maximum error (loss/gain) seen in any day : -0.8 / +3.1

For a "non-COSC" watch seems to be accurate enough when worn daily and resting dial up at night.

da36.jpg

Today I put it on an OEM leather (with the yellow stitching) as a change after 3 months wearing the Damasko bracelet.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Last time a set my DA46 was New Year's day. Mine is -19 seconds; divided by 39 days, that -0.005 seconds per day. If I had been paying attention, crown up at rest would have been able to off-set the -0.005.

Depending on how I wear it, and my activity during the day, this one can at times run +3 seconds or so per day, or -3 to 4 seconds. I have has it run -5 seconds when I'm not too active on a particular day, and I'm starting the day at probably a low power reserve from the day prior.

Unlike quartz, mechanicals are unique, and can take some active involvement in keeping them accurate. But that's part of the allure, right? My Casio Gshock GW-5000 on the other hand, which is atomic and solar, requires no thought. Perhaps that's why I hardly ever think to wear it.

My DA36 has been in daily use since I got it at the beginning of November, only making way for my Archimede Deck Watch for a few hours here and there (Christmas parties, visits to restaurants, etc) and I've been tracking its accuracy using the WatchCheck app (Android version).

Period 1 (3 Nov - 1 Dec)
Deviation at start : +0.1s
Deviation at end : +19.3s
Days : 28
Average Rate Error : +0.68 s/d

Period 2 (1 Dec - 24 Dec)
Deviation at start : +19.3s
Deviation at end : +47.3s
Days : 23
Average Rate Error : +1.2 s/d

I reset the time, since it was now almost 1 minute fast, after almost 2 months

Period 3 (24 Dec - 30 Jan)
Deviation at start : -0.1s
Deviation at end : +50.2s
Days : 36
Average Rate Error : +1.4 s/d

I reset the time on Jan 30th, this time to -15s, thinking I would have approximately 1 month with the time correct to +/- 15 seconds...

Period 4 (Jan 30 - present)

Deviation at start : -15.1s
Deviation today : -5.1s
Days : 10
Average Rate Error : +1.0 s/d

Over the period November 3 to February 9th the rate has averaged +1.07 s/d.
The maximum error (loss/gain) seen in any day : -0.8 / +3.1

For a "non-COSC" watch seems to be accurate enough when worn daily and resting dial up at night.

View attachment 10814658

Today I put it on an OEM leather (with the yellow stitching) as a change after 3 months wearing the Damasko bracelet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Last time a set my DA46 was New Year's day. Mine is -19 seconds; divided by 39 days, that -0.005 seconds per day.
-5mS per day? Rubidium oscillator?

-19s/ 39d = -0.5 s/d

That seems a bit more realistic :)

Still, very good!

Reactions: noregrets

·
Registered
836 Posts
My DA46 is doing consistently +3s per 24 hours.I wear mine 16 hours a day. At night the watch is flat on the table. I've had my DA46 for half a year now.

For a non-cosc watch that's excellent imo!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
-5mS per day? Rubidium oscillator?

-19s/ 39d = -0.5 s/d

That seems a bit more realistic :)

Still, very good!
Opps... thanks! Yes, that is still very good. I used to reset it every week, until I found that it if I left it alone it tended to regulate itself.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm getting +1.6 sec/day on my DA36. Most accurate watch I have and also among others I have had previously.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just measured my 2 Damaskos. My DA46 is +3s/day, not too shabby! However my DC56 Si is doing -16s/day. It's only 2 years old and I haven't done anything I recall that would have thrown it so far out. It's a bit disappointing since I got the Si for its improved internals, yet it's probably the least accurate watch I own as it sits currently. It's still under warranty, debating if it's worth having it looked at. I'd rather catch any problems it may be having while its still within the warranty period if something is going wrong.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts