WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd be very happy with a DK37 Black, so patiently waiting until Spring :)

I doubt this will happen (and don't know if possible due to the movement), but a slightly smaller DC80/82 would be great. I don't mind the 42mm diameter so much, but would prefer a 20mm lug width.
DK37 with orange second hand for me!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
To each his own. Pic from IG, posted by a not amused owner of a surface hardened submarine steel Damasko.

View attachment 16477474
Eeek !

The only thing I was worried about with the ice hardened steel was the rust issues and magnetised movements (which I'd hope the Faraday cage addresses) . Agree with others that the really tough cases is part of the damasko dna and part of the reason I'd buy one.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Today I phoned with Damasko to ask them, if they could possibly build me a DA37 from old stocks. As I expected the answer was no.

Then I asked them about their upcoming models and - also as expected - they wouldn't disclose concrete details, but one info I got was, that they will show their new releases (or some of them, whatever) in May.

And the most interesting to me was that they plan to bring some of their classic models back with the new movement.

(Knowing that they didn't like to go into detail, I didn't ask if they meant 'models' or 'designs' and if those came ice-hardened or in submarine steel.)
That's possibly the best info we've had in ages!

Thanks for sharing the news.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wasn‘t a limited run, valid for both, DK 200, DK 201. For what you got, in-house movement (A 35-2) with silicon spring and anchor, weight balance wheel, ice-hardened case the price was adequate. However, the demand was low so at a given point Damasko decided to stop production. Every time I meet Uli Kriescher, a Damasko dealer and master watchmaker, I'm sorry I didn't buy the DK 200. Uli is wearing his on a red leather strap, an eye-catcher.
I remember the dk200/1, always admired damasko making their own movement though never quite understood why they didn't go with a traveller gmt as opposed to the independant gmt hand. Also wasn't the biggest fan of the genta influenced design as personal I just really like the smooth bezel DA series. Dial was cool though I my opinion, and really liked the idea of the smaller 24 index.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have to think there will be some more new models upcoming?? Or am I being hopelessly hopeful??

The first post from Damasko says "In spring 2022 you can expect new models and novelties of our existing watch models again". The "new models" part is why I'm hopeful.
I hope I am not being hopelessly hopeful as well... as much as I want a damasko (preferably something like a da36 with an inhouse calibre), at some point I'll have to scratch the German made/toughened case/etc watch itch with something ....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dekla and Sinn are calling.
Haha, and dekla seems to be about to add a date to their turbulenz model too!

I do have to say, while I don't own a damasko, they just seem to be at the pinnacle of that over engineered German watch making. I also really like the notion of buying a watch with a manufacture movement... so still hanging out for a bit for damasko to come through with a da36 (or dk36, or whatever name they choose).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts