WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I have seen an early prototype of I seem to remember a DC84 which had the running seconds at 9. Maybe they will still release it. Much less attractive than the 80/82 in my opinion which are so clean.
The only thing i would wish on my 82 is slightly longer 3 6 9 markers to quicker read the time, esp at night.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Wasn‘t a limited run, valid for both, DK 200, DK 201. For what you got, in-house movement (A 35-2) with silicon spring and anchor, weight balance wheel, ice-hardened case the price was adequate. However, the demand was low so at a given point Damasko decided to stop production. Every time I meet Uli Kriescher, a Damasko dealer and master watchmaker, I'm sorry I didn't buy the DK 200. Uli is wearing his on a red leather strap, an eye-catcher.
I found it a bit clumsy on photo, maybe it was better in real life.
Still it would be good if they bring back a gmt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Yep and the fact they they can't get any more ETA movements anymore.

The 3 hand and 3 hand with date are in house so I see ZERO reason to go for a SW-200-1 or equivalent in 2022.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Well in theory they could offer a sellita variant at a lower price point next to the inhouse one.
Many people seem to balk at the $400-500 or so extra for the inhouse movement

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Only in theory. Konrad Damasko is/was not a fan of Sellita as already posted a couple of times. So Sellita isn‘t really an option.
Yes, I just read that. Strange, because they seem good enough for Sinn.

Anyway, I like inhouse as well, it makes Damasko different. Though I saw many people complaining about the unavoidable price increase when going inhouse.
So these DS30 are the last chance to get a Damasko at lowest price.

In my opinion it is a great proposition .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts