WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dekla and Sinn are calling.
Haha, and dekla seems to be about to add a date to their turbulenz model too!

I do have to say, while I don't own a damasko, they just seem to be at the pinnacle of that over engineered German watch making. I also really like the notion of buying a watch with a manufacture movement... so still hanging out for a bit for damasko to come through with a da36 (or dk36, or whatever name they choose).

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Haha, and dekla seems to be about to add a date to their turbulenz model too!

I do have to say, while I don't own a damasko, they just seem to be at the pinnacle of that over engineered German watch making. I also really like the notion of buying a watch with a manufacture movement... so still hanging out for a bit for damasko to come through with a da36 (or dk36, or whatever name they choose).

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
I hear you. I think we might have to wait longer though for a pure in-house Damasko watch to be sold across the their lineup. That's a big undertaking and is resource heavy. I'm thinking it means setting up a completely new supply chain network and manufacturing/testing facilities. It might also be a matter of long-term testing of movement designs to see if they are going in the right direction. The base movement may also need to be adaptable to more than one model line, so something they can bolt on a chrono-module and things like that.

As for Dekla, I have a Dekla Turbulenz V1 42mm model. Had it customized with blue dial and red seconds hand, ice hardened case. Love it except for one thing. There seems to be ghost position where the date would have been on the ETA movement. Not sure why they didn't just make a date window, but oh well. For the price I paid, I think that is a cost-cutting step too far. I can live with it, but will hold off on buying Dekla until they come up with a better solution.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Yep and the fact they they can't get any more ETA movements anymore.

The 3 hand and 3 hand with date are in house so I see ZERO reason to go for a SW-200-1 or equivalent in 2022.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Well in theory they could offer a sellita variant at a lower price point next to the inhouse one.
Many people seem to balk at the $400-500 or so extra for the inhouse movement

·
Moderator Emeritus
57,945 Posts
Well in theory they could offer a sellita variant at a lower price point next to the inhouse one.
Many people seem to balk at the $400-500 or so extra for the inhouse movement
Only in theory. Konrad Damasko is/was not a fan of Sellita as already posted a couple of times. So Sellita isn‘t really an option.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Only in theory. Konrad Damasko is/was not a fan of Sellita as already posted a couple of times. So Sellita isn‘t really an option.
Yes, I just read that. Strange, because they seem good enough for Sinn.

Anyway, I like inhouse as well, it makes Damasko different. Though I saw many people complaining about the unavoidable price increase when going inhouse.
So these DS30 are the last chance to get a Damasko at lowest price.

In my opinion it is a great proposition .

141 - 148 of 148 Posts