WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

think this could be interesting for you, so i want to share my story with the Damasko Support.
I've buyed the watch in Oct 2021 second hand (which was buyed June 2021 direct at Damasko Germany).
Since then it was my daily guide and the reason for the one-watch experience :)
On March i recognised that something is wrong. Time accuracy went worse, sometimes the watch stops working. After a friendly mail communication with Damasko i sent the watch to the service point in Barbing.
After the package arrived i got an mail that they received the package and are now starting to check whats wrong. Only bargain was the time things take (in the End nearly 2 Months). But in this time, every inquriy from my side was answered transparent (asked 2 times how long it could take -> first answer was that the broken part had to be produced, second answer that the watch will be on the road in 1 week).
Final result: Since Tuesday i hold my watch back in hands, a little surprise from Damasko (thanks!) also included and what remains is a good feeling. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hallo, ich kann Deine Erfahrung mit dem Service aus meinen bisherigen Erfahrungen bestätigen. Ich hatte meine DA 45 zur Revision und die DA 42 zur Reparatur, der Email-Kontakt war jedes Mal ganz ausgezeichnet. Die Dauer war bei der Revision nur 3 Wochen und bei der Reparatur Anfang 2022 auch 2 Monate. Hat mich nicht gestört, gute Arbeit braucht Zeit. Beide Uhren laufen wieder ganz hervorragend, ich bin absolut zufrieden (y)(y)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had a similar experience...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
What went wrong?

Thanks for sharing. I’m glad it went well for you. Could you tell us which model it was and what needed to be repaired on it? Did they provide you with a new warranty to go with the repair?
Thanks
Was a DK32. The Movement had a defect part. What caused it to break i don't know, but could be from a Hiking were i fall down. For the warranty - yes, as far as i see.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Did you send the watch to Germany from the United States? If so, how much did it cost for shipping both ways?
I sent mine to watchmann in the US. it had had a little slap against an office door when I went cut a corner too tight. I thought it an odd way to damage a watch (ya, I'm a little clumsy). Apparently a jewel fell out. Watchmann took good care of me. quick turnaround, reasonable price, and even cheaper after I reminded him it was under warranty. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Glad to hear. My only experience with Barbing was very poor. They were replacing a defective set of hands (rusting) on my DK101 and then proceeded to essentially hold my watch hostage at Barbing until I paid for a regulation I neither wanted nor needed. Presumably to help offset the costs for the repair.

Now I only go through WatchMann who protects us from things like that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Folks,

think this could be interesting for you, so i want to share my story with the Damasko Support.
I've buyed the watch in Oct 2021 second hand (which was buyed June 2021 direct at Damasko Germany).
Since then it was my daily guide and the reason for the one-watch experience :)
On March i recognised that something is wrong. Time accuracy went worse, sometimes the watch stops working. After a friendly mail communication with Damasko i sent the watch to the service point in Barbing.
After the package arrived i got an mail that they received the package and are now starting to check whats wrong. Only bargain was the time things take (in the End nearly 2 Months). But in this time, every inquriy from my side was answered transparent (asked 2 times how long it could take -> first answer was that the broken part had to be produced, second answer that the watch will be on the road in 1 week).
Final result: Since Tuesday i hold my watch back in hands, a little surprise from Damasko (thanks!) also included and what remains is a good feeling. Thanks for that.
Great to hear

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts