WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another forum that I'm a member of has a thread regarding a single-brand three-watch collection. This was my entry:

First, the "collection" game is a "game" I play with my collection all the time. Dividing the watches into sets and subsets. It's likely why I continue buying, nothing ever leaves, and the collection just grows. Everyone one of them "belongs" and I can't break up the set. With this question having been posted, i realized a new set and it's the one I'm going to work on in the near future.

It will consist of the Damasko DA46 w/12hr bezel. I bought this one about four years ago. I've toyed with selling it but I think I have to keep it. It makes a good travel watch for me as it has a date and makes it easy to keep track of a second time zone. I have it on the Damasko DA bracelet right now.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

DC86 Orange w/5-55 bezel. The DC86 uses a modern movement that operates quite like the Lemania 5100 which is a great chronograph movement in most people's eyes. It just makes sense. I will probably buy it on the bracelet to save some money and additional hassle later. Would really like the black one on a bracelet but no black manufacturer's bracelet yet.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

The DSub50. Every collection has to have a diver and DSub50 is certainly worthy.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

I closed with the observation that Damasko has some neat technology and I like the designs. These particular watches are not pretty or dressy watches but they serve their purpose. At least for me.

Thought this might interest some.

·
7,283 Posts
If I had a Demasko collection, the DC86 Black/White & DSub50 would be in it. I’m not sure on the 3rd model.

Shannon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: josiahg52

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only thing is, I think they're all capable of functioning as a diver.
Oh for sure. They all have adequate ratings. I was classifying them based on the manufacturer's description.

Reactions: GrouchoM

·
Registered
138 Posts
DC86 Orange w/5-55 bezel. The DC86 uses a modern movement that operates quite like the Lemania 5100 which is a great chronograph movement in most people's eyes. It just makes sense. I will probably buy it on the bracelet to save some money and additional hassle later. Would really like the black one on a bracelet but no black manufacturer's bracelet yet.
View attachment 16452633
DC86 is enticing, particularly since EZM10 prices have officially surpassed my interest in that watch. I just wish Damasko had did a hardened titanium case like the Sinn.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DC86 is enticing, particularly since EZM10 prices have officially surpassed my interest in that watch. I just wish Damasko had did a hardened titanium case like the Sinn.
Same here. I also can't find anywhere to actually see an EZM10 in person. At those prices, I feel that's kind of necessary for me. Having the DA46, I know what a DC86 will feel like. And it's less than the EZM10.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The DA46 is, in my opinion, one of the Damasko greats. It exemplifies Damasko’s design language (the characteristic crosshairs, the coloured secondhand that 'pops', and distinctive bezel-action). But the DSub50 is another work of engineering art. What a great collection!
That's what I've come to realize. Just in time, too!

Reactions: Batboy

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have the EZM10 as well as a dc82. The Sinn wears large yet lighter. The Sinn feels much more modern because of the integrated pushers. I can't decide which one I love more.

I also have a tutima m2 (to keep in line with German watchmakers who make toolwatches with a reworked 7750 -> 5100) and that one feels cheaper, wonky, weird. And it's sliding chrono minute hand versus the instant tick over of the Sinn and damasko.

On topic.

My ultimate 3 piece damasko set?

Dk105, as a dress watch.
DC86, as my tricompax chrono with timing bezel
DC72, as my stealth chrono that looks like a time+date only at a glance.

No divers for me. I dislike divers.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I have now a set of 3 Damasko’s that could play that role:

• DA373 on bracelet - great daily watch. Actually looks good on a suit as well. Wore it on several business trips, won’t scratch bumping into things when traveling and looks sharp.
  • DK105 - recent addition daily watch that can be used dressed. Though to be honest I prefer my Nomos for those occasions
  • DC82 green - sporty chrono

In principle this would be sufficient buuuut… in addition I prefer to wear my Sinn U50 or Seiko Tuna for swimming.

For my upcoming holiday trip (first one since the pandemic) it is a toss-up what I will wear: DA373, U50, Tuna, MKII Paradive or Tudor GMT.

All of the watches mentioned form most of my fave watches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts