WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Windupwatchshop already posted a first pic of the DS30 bracelet on Instagram. Damasko will add some bits to the bites tomorrow on Facebook and per newsletter.

Metal Fashion accessory Jewellery Silver Symmetry

The new bracelet is slightly more delicate than its big brother made of ice-hardened stainless steel and forms a harmonious design entity when combined with the narrower DS model series.

Like the case of the DS30 the new steel bracelet links are made of German submarine steel with a hardened surface layer. Its material proves to be extremely strong and ductile at the same time. Its seawater and corrosion resistance make the bracelet the ideal companion for more than just outdoor activities. The bracelet is slightly more delicate than its big brother made of ice-hardened stainless steel and forms a harmonious design entity when combined with the narrower DS model series. The loss-proof clasp with ceramic ball catch elements is made of ice-hardened stainless steel. Heavy-duty grade-5 titanium screws connect the individual elements. The supplied bracelet tool allows the length to be adjusted without damaging the screws.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

Facts and figures:

• German submarine steel, surface hardened (1000-1200 HV), bead-blasted
  • Ice-hardened stainless steel (60HRC), safety clasp with ceramic balls, spring bars 100% in-house, bead blasted
  • Sockets and srews of highly resilient grade-5 titanium
  • Lenght: 17.50 cm
  • Height of links: 3,00 mm
  • Weight: 79.00 g
  • Price: 491,60 €
When I visited Damasko last Wednesday I was shown the new bracelet. And, of course, I took a couple of pics.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Silver Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Chain Metal Fashion accessory Games Hardware accessory
Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Silver Chain

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Windupwatchshop already posted a first pic of the DS30 bracelet on Instagram. Damasko will add some bits to the bites tomorrow on Facebook and per newsletter.

View attachment 15525280

The new bracelet is slightly more delicate than its big brother made of ice-hardened stainless steel and forms a harmonious design entity when combined with the narrower DS model series.

Like the case of the DS30 the new steel bracelet links are made of German submarine steel with a hardened surface layer. Its material proves to be extremely strong and ductile at the same time. Its seawater and corrosion resistance make the bracelet the ideal companion for more than just outdoor activities. The bracelet is slightly more delicate than its big brother made of ice-hardened stainless steel and forms a harmonious design entity when combined with the narrower DS model series. The loss-proof clasp with ceramic ball catch elements is made of ice-hardened stainless steel. Heavy-duty grade-5 titanium screws connect the individual elements. The supplied bracelet tool allows the length to be adjusted without damaging the screws.

View attachment 15525281 View attachment 15525282 View attachment 15525283

Facts and figures:

• German submarine steel, surface hardened (1000-1200 HV), bead-blasted
  • Ice-hardened stainless steel (60HRC), safety clasp with ceramic balls, spring bars 100% in-house, bead blasted
  • Sockets and srews of highly resilient grade-5 titanium
  • Lenght: 17.50 cm
  • Height of links: 3,00 mm
  • Weight: 79.00 g
  • Price: 491,60 €
When I visited Damasko last Wednesday I was shown the new bracelet. And, of course, I took a couple of pics.

View attachment 15525301 View attachment 15525304 View attachment 15525306 View attachment 15525309 View attachment 15525310 View attachment 15525311 View attachment 15525314 View attachment 15525316
This is awesome, thanks for unveiling this Mike! Did damasko tell you the price of the bracelet and if it will include longer links for sizing like the ice hardened bracelet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Great to see they finally did it. It looks great, and suits the watch really well! What mechanisms for micro-adjustments though? I didn't notice any half-links.

This is awesome, thanks for unveiling this Mike! Did damasko tell you the price of the bracelet and if it will include longer links for sizing like the ice hardened bracelet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
quoting Mike - "Price: 491,60 €"

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I know I will be owning a watch from Damasko with this bracelet added.

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is that price before or after VAT, and will it be available for purchase through LIW/WatchMann or only through Damasko?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that price before or after VAT, and will it be available for purchase through LIW/WatchMann or only through Damasko?
Price including VAT. Bracelet can be ordered from any AD.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Wow, that looks great! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably early to ask, but as the DK3X cases look a lot like the DS30 case, any idea if the bracelet will be compatible with both?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Damasko is a brand whose bracelets make me want to buy the watch even more than the case and dial do.
I have a DK11 with the bracelet. I cannot tell you how easy it is to change out the little links using the Torx T6 tool they sent along with the watch.
This is the BEST hardware idea ever, as the Torx screws are so much less prone to being damaged, as are slotted pins such as Rolex and Tudor, for example, use.
The Torx tool fits tightly into the screws and the chance of slippage is close to zero.

It took me a while to get used to opening the clasps. The best, easiest way I found was to stick my finger behind <underneath> the clasp and push OUT at the center of the clasp where the two segments fold to each other. Sometimes I can even get both clasp pieces to 'pop open' at the same time. (That area of the clasp is quite 'open' and you have plenty of room to get to the clasp to push on it.)
A very innovative design on this bracelet.

I love this bracelet so much (and their watches of course!), and I have quickkly become a HUUUGE Damasko fan. Now waiting for my "very customized" DC86 build sheet to be appproved. Although it will have the strap, I am also requesting a bracelet to be sent along with it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very nice! The equal-width links is a nice difference from the ubiquitous Oyster style. The all-beadblast finish and screws are what all tool bracelets should aspire to.

I’m with Singularity though, it needs micro-adjust, even though these links are nice and short.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the pictures~!
Very exciting to hear the bracelet is out.
But the pictures you have... the date wheels are white for the black dial and not black.
Are those new models?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the pictures~!
Very exciting to hear the bracelet is out.
But the pictures you have... the date wheels are white for the black dial and not black.
Are those new models?
No, this model is the watch Christoph was wearing during the enduring tests of the bracelet. This watch diesn't even had any engravings on the back. A dummy so to say.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went on red alert as soon as I got the email about the new submarine steel bracelet, a moment I had waited nearly two years for. I overcame the drumbeats in my head and the fire in my loins long enough to rush to the Damasko website to acquire this grail bracelet (the gracelet) with currency or, failing that, non-vital organs...only to see the 20 mm lug width and realize that, in the throes of passion, I had neglected to register that the bracelet is for the DS series only right now and NOT the DSub1 I've hardly worn over the past few months. :eek::cry:😭

Kill me, Konrad. Spare me the tortuous future and end it now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As an aside, I always assumed a Damasko dive bracelet would require a dive extension and possibly microadjusts to be fit for purpose, which would necessitate an ad-hoc design for watches that I don't think sell in big volumes for them.😖

Just do it anyway. You know you want to...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts