WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing the forum, I see so many G Shocks. So many styles, colours, patterns and specifications.

So many that are hard to get in England :-(

The stores that stock G Shocks over here seem to price them at a significant mark up compared to the USA and they have nothing like the choice available to you guys 'over the pond' o|

The trouble is, my wife does not consider the need for greater G Shock choice as a legitimate reason for emigrating :-|

I have little idea about duty/importation fees so I've not 'dipped my toe' in that particular pool...but it's getting harder to resist :p

Reactions: Plasticmonky

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm also not from US, and although we do have here some verity of models and styles, it is somewhat limited compare to the US one, and the price here is sometimes double compare to Amazon US.
So what I did was to buy my two Rangemen from Amazon US, send them to a relative of mine in the states, and then someone who came to visit here, brought it. If you have that option, it would be the cheapest one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do not complain
in Brazil is worse
a 5600/6900 price is the half of a minimum wage
and once a dollar is like 1=4 import is not an option
Wow....that sucks man :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in Finland. The various online retailers that ship worldwide for no extra cost (i.e. shipping is just included in the prices), many from Singapore apparently, have competitive prices compared to local retailers here. E.g. DW-5600E seems to be EUR 85-100 locally and EUR 56 from Singapore. Of course, I could have one the next day from a Finnish vendor, whereas the shipping from Singapore probably takes a month. The selection at these Asian online retailers (the shop front might be Australian or something, but the Ebay page says they ship worldwide from Singapore) seems to be a mix of Casio's lines for Asia, US and Europe. I saw some things that I hadn't seen listed on any of Casio's own (convoluted) websites.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a pom having a whinge? well i never :p

just be grateful your BP is doing alot better than the AUD. our dollarydoos will probably be renamed to pesos in a few months! haha
Ha ha. I wouldn't be a proper Pom if I didn't have a good old 'whinge' now and again ;)

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Have you try Scotland and Wales? May be they have better pricing than England. ;-)

Reactions: Sick-boy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts