WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on Hodinkee about this guy with an amazing vintage collection, and it turns out he has his own affordables brand;
https://danhenrywatch.com/
There's one watch I like a lot, the 1963, which is a Heuer homage.
Heuer will come with its own un-affordable interpretation in 2017 but I like this one better at first sight.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of these watches?
At 230$ I sure feel like I want to try it out.

1963-A.png

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I really like the 1970 and for $250 it's mighty tempting, just too bad it has 24mm lugs. :(

Reactions: chinchillasong

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Looks great indeed, especially if the real watch looks like the rendering. Not sure about the name though, now if he would have made it sterile...

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
No idea he had a watch brand. I wonder if it is something that he wanted to do, or if someone approached him wanting to use his name to sell their watches.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Solid specs, but never heard of him... I'd have to imagine that for a guy who has such a love for watches (and such a large collection), he'd be concerned with quality.

I dig that 70s diver in orange

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I'm interested now. I like everything but the vintage lume-- I think it's a bit overdone on most of those. Still, keeping an eye on these guys... and putting my post into the thread to watch it for future developments.

Reactions: Dennis Smith

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I thought these are quartz, but they even have a NH35 movement! Seriously considering the 1970 compressor!

Reactions: MEzz

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah, that compressor has me drooling. If I can convince myself that it won't wear too big, I might have no choice but to try and nab one.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm really digging the 1970 compressor....

However I think that at 44mm the case is just way too big. And I'm concerned about quality because just $250 seems too good to be true!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Actually, I found one real picture online;

View attachment 9690162
Where did you find that RL pic? I cant seem too find any...

It's a good looking piece and it got me interested.

It actually is a Breitling AVI 765 (later called CP = co pilot) homage and not a Heuer (autavia) inspired watch. The two do have a lot of similarities though.

I think i'll bite and order one. Leaning towards the steel bezel 1963. Will report back when i got it here...

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Contacted him, and he mentioned he had a soft opening several days ago. He said it was an old idea that finally came to life. I'm trying to see if he has more real life photos that I can share here.

I think the designs looks great, but 44mm us a tad large for me. Especially with 24mm lugs.

Price and specs look great!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts

It actually is a Breitling AVI 765 (later called CP = co pilot) homage and not a Heuer (autavia) inspired watch. The two do have a lot of similarities though.

I think i'll bite and order one. Leaning towards the steel bezel 1963. Will report back when i got it here...

Most of what's on his site are product photos, not renders. e.g.,

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I found that RL pic here;
Cronógrafo Dan Henry 1963 | Revista Pulso

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the steel bezel chrono. Too interesting a design to not try for that price. I do hope that "vintage" lume is a little more subdued in real life.

I actually never buy quartz watches and never seemed to have bonded with a quartz watch though, so it might be a catch and release. The smooth chrono seconds makes up for something at least...

Should take about a week to arrive. Will report back with pictures

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Looks like a homage done right. Inexpensive, looks nice and isn't a 100% copy of any existing watch. For $230 it comes with an engraved caseback, mecaquartz movement, an extra strap and a watch roll. Sounds like a deal to me.

However I'm too cheap to buy this so I'll this for the next guy :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dammit, I just ordered the black bezel one. I couldn't resist! I should stop coming here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 590 Posts