WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I finally managed to find a email form to be mailed from their website! talking of a maze... most of it is commercial blabla trying to sell you something.

As I am in Egypt for work I obviously do not want them to call, or I to call them. There should be no need for arranging anything so routinely as paying import duties over the phone. Send a payment request, explaining what is paid for and how much plus your account detail. Job Done. I do a lot of my shopping online and most couriers have a way better set up for dealing with this.

Dirk

I am not at all surprised by DHL service, or extreme lack of it, actually !

It all sounds too familiar, I'm afraid.

So, is everyone else getting theirs through DHL, too ?

Regards,

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't speak for others, but the first name/last name style (Christopher Ward, Richard Mille, Raymond Weil, Roger Dubuis, Franck Muller, etc) has always put me off for some reason. It's not rational but it still factors in to my purchasing habits. Strangely I have no issue with just a last name or initials and last names.

That being said, the Dan Henry 1970 is very tempting. I've been searching for a vintage Super Compressor and haven't found one that I like and can afford so far.

The 1963 is also very nice, but I already have a Sinn with a similar look - and it only has a last name on the dial;)

Curious why all the backlash against the name? And is it the name itself, which is just the dude's name, after all, and seems as arbitrary to me as any other. In fairness, I get why Bauta hates it — he has bad grade school associations with a kid named Dan Henry. I can see that. If the watch was called LeRoy London, I'd feel the same way, because he stole my skateboard and I hated him.

Or is it the way the name is presented on the dial — typeface and size and all that? Because overall it seems no more and no less offensive than, say, Obris Morgan, Christopher Ward, or really any other two-word, first name/last name or last name/last name combination.

Thanks for any insights.

ETA: Surely it's not as bad as all the things happening on an Orient dial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Saw the Dan Henry watches on the Worn&wound instagram account a few weeks ago. The -63 looks exceptionally sharp.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Saw the Dan Henry watches on the Worn&wound instagram account a few weeks ago. The -63 looks exceptionally sharp.
63 is also very nice, still waiting for mine to arrive, bought one for a friend and he loved it, at the point he didn't changed his watch for the last 2 weeks (something incomprehensible for me, but I'm not judging anyone....)

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Nice...I guess I bought mine not too long after you as mine is #0050/1963.

I got # 49

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
DH

·
Registered
1,455 Posts