WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

221 - 240 of 590 Posts

·
Premium Member
71,532 Posts
With the 1970 to my name I was going to wait a bit before pulling the trigger on the 1963 (and run the risk of them selling out) but after seeing all these lovely pics I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
With the 1970 to my name I was going to wait a bit before pulling the trigger on the 1963 (and run the risk of them selling out) but after seeing all these lovely pics I'm not so sure.
I haven't seen a serial number in the 100s yet. If there are really 1970 of them, you've probably got plenty of time!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
On the website, and here, it's only a seconds subdial and a chrono second hand. A nice design, but why have a chrono that can only time up to 60 seconds?

·
Registered
12,752 Posts
On the website, and here, it's only a seconds subdial and a chrono second hand. A nice design, but why have a chrono that can only time up to 60 seconds?
Really? I assumed the central seconds hand was the seconds hand for the chrono and the subdial was the minutes for the chronograph - making it a 60 minute chronograph - and no running seconds.

EDIT: It's the Miyota 6S10. It indeed is only a 60-second chronograph. I can see applications for it, but it would be specific and limited.

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/download/pdf/spec_6S10_20_30.pdf

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Reactions: jeffers0n

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Reactions: catsteeth

·
Registered
781 Posts
When you are ready to pull the trigger, just let me know your decision.
I'm still waiting for some wristshots to see if the inner bezel makes the watch look smaller.
Dan, real pro I have to admit, sent me a wristshot of his 1970 but he warned me that his wrist is very very thin like his wife.
It's difficult to imagine how it looks on a normal wrist.
Anyway, here's the photo.....

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Jim I have decided not to go for the 1970. Got too many on the list at the mo and although I like the design I know I have a preference for the dressy side. I really like his dress watch but not so much the quartz +/- size (as I don't remember it!)

Will keep my eyes peeled as seems like he has a good thing going on here.

What did you end up deciding?

221 - 240 of 590 Posts