WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

241 - 260 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi guys... can someone post a photo of their 1970 on 7inch wrist? I'm really into this watch but worried it might be too big for my wrist. I think I read somewhere that Dan plans to come out with 41mm version. If that is true I think waiting for this version is better option

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well you've all convinced me, ordered a black 1963, just need to find a strap I like maybe something in black although I'm not keen on Nato's but shall see when it gets here.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well you've all convinced me, ordered a black 1963, just need to find a strap I like maybe something in black although I'm not keen on Nato's but shall see when it gets here.

What's wrong with the strap that came with the watch? Even if you don't like it it has quick change spring bar so changing it is..well, quick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
What's wrong with the strap that came with the watch? Even if you don't like it it has quick change spring bar so changing it is..well, quick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The strap that came with the watch is straight and non-tapered. It tends to make the whole package a little bulky looking, especially when you have 6.5" wrists like me.

I switched to a crown and buckle 22-18mm 4mm tapered design that really makes it look much more svelte.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Goody sent me a link to this brand last month since I've taken a break from the site and from buying watches. After finding nothing interesting in the holiday shopping deals, I'm back looking at these. I was originally afraid the 1963 would run a little small on me, but now I'm ready to order that and the orange diver. Thanks to everyone who posted their photos.

Can anyone tell me how long the straps are? My wrist is ~8.25".

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Already posted here, but no answer :) So I'll try again. I read somewhere that 1970 compressor wears like smaller watch despite it's 44mm diameter. To all of the 1970 owners, is this true?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I picked up the black bezel 1963 before Thanksgiving and have been wearing it ever since. I'm very impressed with every aspect of the watch especially for the price point. Even the strap is a keeper, since I rarely keep the strap or bracelet that comes with new watches. The domed crystal sets the watch off beautifully and the rotating bezel is a nice touch even though it is moves a bit too easily. Overall this is one of the nicest microbrands I've acquired especially at this price point. I'm now interested in the 1970, as I really like the DH compressor style and looking forward to whatever else he will come up with.

When comparing this watch to my yellow dial Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chrono, the Dan Henry 1963 is far and above the better watch in almost every category. The VCH chrono almost looks cheap when laying side by side.

DN1963jpg.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine should be here next week 😀, downside being the £18 bill from DHL 😢 (suppose I've been lucky with import tax up to now)

241 - 260 of 590 Posts