WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

261 - 280 of 590 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
How fast does Dan ship within CONUS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abangr, for me, from New Jersey to Seattle, it was 3 days (maybe 4) max. Very fast.

Reactions: abangr

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can anyone tell me the dial size on the 1963? 42.5mm case is pushing it for my small wrists. My biggest watch currently is a Seiko FFF mod at 42mm but it works ok because of the bezel. This bezel looks a little slimmer just based on pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
Can anyone tell me the dial size on the 1963? 42.5mm case is pushing it for my small wrists. My biggest watch currently is a Seiko FFF mod at 42mm but it works ok because of the bezel. This bezel looks a little slimmer just based on pics.

Look up in the thread to my photos. I've got a 6.5" wrist. I did swap out the strap to a tapered one, which makes a big difference in how it wears. The one that comes with the watch is un-tapered.

Skip

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Totally ran under my radar this brand and it wasn't until @Jeepdad99 posted a pic of his 1970 on Instagram that I went and checked them out... title says Heuer homage but to me this is incorrect as a Breitling fan it looks a lot like their 765 of the sixties.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Aw, crap! I just started re-reading this thread from the top. The Breitling model info was given way back in the 14th post. My bad.

I didn't realize how closely the 1963 resembled a specific vintage chronograph until I saw a photo BevoWatch posted in the "liked THAT, got THIS" thread. Armed with that, I found this write up about the Breitling 765 CP.

#TBT Breitling 765 CP "Jean-Claude Killy"

Looks like the 1963's interesting case back and sandwich dial are two bonuses the Breitling did not have.

View attachment 9918658

·
Registered
306 Posts
Love the chronos but they are a wee bit big. Great look and value.

I see what you mean with the watch in hand - the sub dials are a bit big, but I like the presence it has. The watch itself fits to a smaller wrist well, the lug-to-lug length is not long at just over 47mm.

My biggest gripe is the heft of the strap. I'll be looking into a tapered strap as mentioned above to help cut that down. I have four straps now that I wish tapered - something I didn't learn until just before this watch. My favorite straps have usually been provided with the watch as selected by a more watch-smart person than I .

·
Registered
7,737 Posts

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I think the 1963 will look better after its been worn properly and has some wabi on it

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
The more I look at this watch the more I feel the only bracelet worthy of it is a mesh. These do wonders for an average diver so on this it would transform it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
How is the lume on everyone's 1963? I received mine today and noticed its almost non existant, in fact, I dont think there are any on the hands at all.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
How is the lume on everyone's 1963? I received mine today and noticed its almost non existant, in fact, I dont think there are any on the hands at all.
This is the image posted earlier by someone, I agree the lume of the hands is poor compared to the rest of the watch, in fact Dan Henry has took the homage a little to literal including the 1960s lumes. LOL

Never sent a watch off to get relumed so don't know prices for the service but it's definitely an option if you can't live with the lumes but love the watch.

261 - 280 of 590 Posts