WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

341 - 360 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
From what I have seen the Dan Henry watch offerings look great and seem price very well and people seem to be very happy with them. I have no axe to grind at all, but I'm wondering why there isn't much "homage hate" with these that I usually see with especially some of the bigger brands?

Seriously just wondering as they appear to very much "copies" or "replicas"?
Not looking for an argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I have seen the Dan Henry watch offerings look great and seem price very well and people seem to be very happy with them. I have no axe to grind at all, but I'm wondering why there isn't much "homage hate" with these that I usually see with especially some of the bigger brands?

Seriously just wondering as they appear to very much "copies" or "replicas"?
Not looking for an argument.

I guess the brand does not popular yet. It might happens in the future. People are still looking for review and image for Dan Henry.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I'm guessing that he is only making so many (limited editions) and while I know nothing of him, he seems to have some "watch cred". Like I said I was just wondering, I think the watches look really fantastic.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think his history of watch collecting buys him plenty of breathing space, the guy is obviously a massive WIS and he is bringing these very intelligently styled pieces to market at a price that makes you wonder if he is actually some sort of charitable foundation!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If you check on his DH website, he has a section called Timeline with all kind of pictures from watches dating back to 1900.

You can see the exact model that gave him the inspiration for each watch, very interesting.

S.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70

Reactions: Bosman

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I believe that there is a rule for "homage hate": the closer the watch looks like a Rolex, the greater the chance of full-on fury from Rolex owners. I don't know why they get so worked up, but after spending time in the Steinhart forum, one learns that the harshest "it's just a cheap knock-off" comments come from posters who list owning one or more Rolexes in their signature.

Seiko has a pretty blatant copy of a Cartier Tank, but you never see anyone complain here. But discuss a Steinhart or a Tisell that is a Submariner homage? Oy vey!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just ordered the black bezel 1963. It was a bit of an impulse buy as I had a couple of watches ahead of it on my list (Blue Seiko turtle for instance.) I should get it quickly if DH ships it to me from NJ.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a steel bracelet? I have seen a couple posted here but not much information beyond the pics.
This is my first post here, very excited about the watch and to finally stop lurking!

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Waiting for him to release a smaller 1970 super compressor diver, something 38-42mm wide with 20mm lug width.

Hopefully he reads this thread here!!

S.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70
I thought it was confirmed that he is releasing a smaller '70 this year.

·
Registered
36,283 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The blue 1970 is really appealing to me and seems unbeatable value for money. I only found out about these a couple of weeks ago and I'm desperately trying to hold off at least until payday as I've already bought too much this year. I know I'll really regret it if they sell out though, and this thread isn't helping me not do something silly.

341 - 360 of 590 Posts