WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I just ordered the 1970 compressor, orange dial - very impressed with the Comms from Dan, ordered and shipped today - I have high hope sfor this one, if the quality is decent then it'll be a great addition.
Looking forward to your impressions and pics!

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
1970 + 1968 looks interest, 1970 seems like a bargain considering what I just paid for the NTH Azores. Please let us know the fit and finish, lume and L2L once it arrives. Still not sure about the name though....... Hey what watch is that, its a Dan Henry.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Looks like a homage done right. Inexpensive, looks nice and isn't a 100% copy of any existing watch. For $230 it comes with an engraved caseback, mecaquartz movement, an extra strap and a watch roll. Sounds like a deal to me.

However I'm too cheap to buy this so I'll this for the next guy :)
It's probably the miyota 6s movement, not a vk63

·
Registered
781 Posts
Anyone had any arrivals. I do like the look of the 1970, but wonder about the case thickness and lug to lug. 44mm is pushing it fot me.

On the other hand if the 1947 was cased with a mechanical movement and was not too tall I would probably bitten!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd like to hear what the 1970 wears like too. It looks fantastic, but 44mm is pretty big for this style and I suspect it'll look huge with glass all the way o the edge. It's not so much the diameter as the 24mm lugs that bothers me - I've got a few 44mm divers (Seiko 6309, Tuna etc), but they're all on 22mm straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Does anybody know where is it shipped from. Due to custom costs it might not be such a great deal...an I also like the compressor. I already wore similar sized and styled Xen so size does not bother me.

sent from my LV using Gucci

·
Registered
662 Posts
Does anybody know where is it shipped from. Due to custom costs it might not be such a great deal...an I also like the compressor. I already wore similar sized and styled Xen so size does not bother me.

I saw this question asked on the Dan Henry Facebook site. The answer was either the US or HongKong depending on where the buyer is.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I saw this question asked on the Dan Henry Facebook site. The answer was either the US or HongKong depending on where the buyer is.

Hong Kong would work, US not so much. It seems that all parcels coming from US or Canada are pounded for import duties here in Belgium. Paid through the nose for the |Trintec co-pilot to be delivered

D

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have received my 1963. I got hit with full tax and import (50 EUR additionally equals 57 USD). I am in the Netherlands and i think mine was shipped from HK.

It's a good looking watch, but unfortunately i received an incorrect order with the other color option. Although it's a good looking watch as well it's not the one I was looking forward to.

I have already been in touch with Dan and he mentioned his customer care will tale care of me and take full responsibilty for their mistake which probably was a mix up. His reply was very fast and these words sound very promising for a newly started microbrand business. It's the right attitude I guess and now let's just hope they indeed will fix my issue without any additional hassle or costs for me.

Until i have it all solved I will hold out on comments and impressions of the watch itself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
loving these watches but that brand and logo !. I am ok with people pulling funny faces when I tell them my watch is steinhart because they have no idea what it is...but a Dan Henry ???...

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Dammit. I am inch away from buying 1970. Talk me out of it.

Guys?

Anybody?

21 - 40 of 590 Posts