WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ok looks like I'll be the first one as the watch arrived today.
First my apologies for the quality of the photos, I can only do so much with a camera phone on a rainy overcast day.
I ordered the Dan Henry 1963, shipping was quick and the communication was excellent as they answered my email questions quickly.
Opening the box I found a plastic tube holder/container, nice touch, inside was the leather and canvas storage pouch, again nice touch. I was hoping for the wow factor and I wasn't disappointed, pulling out the watch I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. The watch had a good weight to it and does not feel cheep and for that matter the watch does not look cheep, did I really pay only $230? I love brushed watches and this watch is nicely done very pleased. The dome crystal is well executed its just the right height and just the right amount of distortion. I'm not a leather strap person as I prefer bracelets but I find the leather strap very comfortable and it fits me perfect, most times I try on a leather strap the holes line up and make it either too tight or too lose on my wrist, but not this time. Now my pet peeve with quarts is when the second hand does not hit the marks, it just drives me nuts guess that's why I'm a wis, to my relief this one hits the marks. At this price point you cant go wrong this is a very well executed build and I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Unfortunately i'm heading overseas for a couple of weeks today and my 1970 hasnt arrived yet so I wont get to post any pics of it until mid Nov, i'm guessing others will have received theirs by then. There was a slight hiccup with the postage service used but Dan's customer service in sorting things was extremely fast and really a pleasure to deal with. As others have said, very promising for a new micro brand.

Looking forward to your impressions and pics!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The 1963 looks great, although I wish it came with an acrylic crystal instead of mineral.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'll have to find my calipers but honestly it doesn't matter. The proportions on this watch are just right. It doesn't feel 42.5mm. More like a 40mm beefy watch. The strap is surprisingly comfortable and thick! I'm not sure the domed glass is doing it for me. It heavily distorts anything around the edge. Luckily I can still spend $75 to get it replaced with a flat sapphire and still have an incredible value watch. I don't know how Dan is making anything off these!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just got my silver bezel 1963. To sum it up in one word: QUALITY. From the packaging to the accessories to the watch itself. I just don't get it. How the flip does this only cost $230??? Let me know if you want to see specific shots. Here's a straight on dial shot. I just can't believe the quality for the price.
Nice watch! .. could you let us know your wrist size? I'm trying to decide if it will fit my wrist just right .. normally 42mm is my limit. Thanks for the info and pics btw :-!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Love the black bezel 1963. Great looking watch for the money. Might need to pick one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,239 Posts
Meh, not a fan of the oversized watch but the vintage lume stops me cold.

If all those watches are in his collection.. WOW!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice watch! .. could you let us know your wrist size? I'm trying to decide if it will fit my wrist just right .. normally 42mm is my limit. Thanks for the info and pics btw :-!
7.25" wrist size. Also the top of my wrist is pretty flat. Hope that helps. It is surprisingly light weight, I almost forget I'm wearing it!

Here's some more quick shots just because.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone had any arrivals. I do like the look of the 1970, but wonder about the case thickness and lug to lug. 44mm is pushing it fot me.

On the other hand if the 1947 was cased with a mechanical movement and was not too tall I would probably bitten!
1970 lug to lug is 50,5mm and the diameter of the glass is 39,8mm!!!
It sounds like a huge watch but on the other hand the inner bezel maybe, I'm saying maybe, makes the watch wear smaller. I don't know. Dan Henry insists that it sits nice on his thin wrist.

FYI
1963 lug to lug is 50mm (same as 1970) and glass diameter 35mm.

Στάλθηκε απο το Lenovo Yoga 2 χρησιμοποιώντας tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
1970 lug to lug is 50,5mm and the diameter of the glass is 39,8mm!!!
It sounds like a huge watch but on the other hand the inner bezel maybe, I'm saying maybe, makes the watch wear smaller. I don't know. Dan Henry insists that it sits nice on his thin wrist.

FYI
1963 lug to lug is 50mm (same as 1970) and glass diameter 35mm.

Στάλθηκε απο το Lenovo Yoga 2 χρησιμοποιώντας tapatalk
Thanks for the info. That is not a small watch!

Where did you get that info from? Any idea on case thickness/height?

I am looking forward to some more real world pics on here. Keep them coming chaps, the chrono looks great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the info. That is not a small watch!

Where did you get that info from? Any idea on case thickness/height?
Case thickness for 1970 is 14,2mm due to the domed crustal.
I forgot to ask for 1963.
Great communication with him. Just sent him email and he answered within a few minutes.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
Case thickness for 1970 is 14,2mm due to the domed crustal.
I forgot to ask for 1963.
Great communication with him. Just sent him email and he answered within a few minutes.

Ah great news. Looks like I should have just asked him!

To be honest 44mm dia, over 50mm L2L and 14.2mm height just sounds too big for my wrist (just under 7 inches). Still waiting for the pics!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ah great news. Looks like I should have just asked him!

To be honest 44mm dia, over 50mm L2L and 14.2mm height just sounds too big for my wrist (just under 7 inches). Still waiting for the pics!
I have 18-18,5cm wrist but the size of the watch make me hesitate.
Lug to lug distance is OK for me. The only thing that bothers me is the size of the dial. Almost 40mm glass diameter is a little bit risky to buy without trying it on first.
I promised myself not to wear bigger than 42mm again but I'm really excited with 1970.

41 - 60 of 590 Posts