WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Has anyone gotten in the 1970 yet? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Would love to hear thoughts if anyone owns one already. I did get a lume shot on it. Looks awesome!
Well ..., this looks better than expected . Not helping my 63 decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
Must be the angle but that looks very nice, where's the bracelet from?
I should have added in my original post this doesn't fit correctly but was an experiment to see if I like the look of a bracelet. It's an after market skx007 bracelet. It sits a little to high and I will be trying a couple different bracelets to see if I can get a good fit.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I should have added in my original post this doesn't fit correctly but was an experiment to see if I like the look of a bracelet. It's an after market skx007 bracelet. It sits a little to high and I will be trying a couple different bracelets to see if I can get a good fit.
I'd love a good bracelet option too. Keep us posted! For now it sits pretty comfy on my HODINKEE horween strap.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I totally just pulled the trigger on the 1970, something about perusing these threads late at night leads to a new watch. The 1970 breaks a lot of my usual "must-haves" including a bracelet, domed sapphire crystal, 40-42mm diameter, and 20-22mm lug width but it just looks so darn cool. And that lume shot! After seeing pictures on the well designed website, I was expecting it to be in the $500 range, but at $250, my finger immediately hit add to cart and checked out.

My wrists are only 6.75" but flat and I've worn a few 44mm cushion cased watches with 24mm straps and they were surprisingly comfortable while having nice wrist presence. Hoping this one feels the same!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Isnt this strap almost the same price as the watch? How do you like it? Is the strap worth the $$? it's an amazing combo I love it
It's $140 over at the HODINKEE shop right now. I've had mine for about a year and on many watches, absolutely fantastic quality! The horween leather is very thin but is still strong while being able to flex a little. It's a magical leather and I'd recommend anyone who can to buy one! You won't regret it. Also, it smells incredible!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Just received word from Dan that he'll be introducing new lines of watches (including one similar to the 1970) but all smaller/more manageable in size. Woohoo!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I ordered the 1963 steel bezel as well. Can't beat a price like that & the vintage vibe as well, nothing to loose really. Only wish it was a mechanical.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap

Reactions: saltddirk

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Ha, ha, ha......you are not the only one.
Every watch enthusiast has the same issue even if he owns really expensive pieces.
Besides that, I think that both of them, 1963 & 1970, are awesome.
I know nothing about their quality but the design is amazing.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I have to believe w/ his own personal & amazing collection that these have to stand up to a good quality. I know nothing about Dan except what I've read but he has amazing tastes in his personal collection...

Only time will tell, I ordered the 63 last night & it ships from New Jersey.

Reactions: thejollywatcher
81 - 100 of 590 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.