WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
121 - 140 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thanks @cfcfan81, that's perfect.
The tropic style might work for smaller watches, but is probably too lightweight for such a big watch. I can see what he's trying to do with the tropic, as it would have been a common strap to have on divers in the 70s, but whether it works here is another matter.
I'm a big fan of the Hirsch Liberty and wear it on a few of my vintage Seiko divers (22mm lug width). Should I get this one or a latter 41mm edition, the Liberty would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Got my 1970 today. Overall, I am pleased. It works on my 6.75" wrist. A little disappointed that the crown is push/pull. I am not a big fan of the strap. I think I will look for something different.

Ah, the first 1970 has landed, very excited! Thanks for posting pics and impressions. Great detail in your photos. Any chance you could take a shot from farther away? The closeup exaggerates the size of the watch relative to your wrist so it's harder to figure out if the watch would be to big for me (slightly smaller wrists than you).

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I love the Speedmaster! An absolute personal grail watch! Enjoy it!

View attachment 9816794
This is the 1968 on my 6.75 wrist
sadly the chrono second hand did not reset to 0 but I just pulled out the crown and manually set it to 0.

View attachment 9816842

Now i have a watch roll (first one).
here is the 1968 next to timex Waterbury chrono and 1972 omega speedmaster mark II

rhe watches are also numbered. So I guess it truly is out of 1968 pieces

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Got my 1970 today. Overall, I am pleased. It works on my 6.75" wrist. A little disappointed that the crown is push/pull. I am not a big fan of the strap. I think I will look for something different.

Great to see the 1970 IRL !

Dan said the L2L for the 1970 was 50.5mm ....

Yeah, he also mentioned that the crowns were not screw down, and done that way for a reason.

Also said the top one was tight and would not allow the bezel to turn accidentally, and was very safe. The watch has been tested by 3 different tests, and is a real diver !

Is the Tropic style strap soft and comfortable, although thin ? looks fairly good ....

Regards,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any of you get a tracking number?
My link just takes me to an order page confirming the acceptance and processing.
He will send you another email with the shipping information. If you haven't received one after a couple of days look at your spam. I found mine there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: parsig9

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have no idea where they come from? Brazil? Well, if my '63 is coming from overseas then it might be while...
Mine was sent from Singapore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 590 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.