WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was bathing my 2 year old tonight and removed my Seiko "Frankentuna" (SKZ255K1) thinking, "hey, no need to subject it to the bath." Another member of the family who shall remain nameless knocked the watch off the bathroom counter and it landed face down on the granite tile floor --- smashing the crystal to smithereens. Doh! :-( At least the watch still seems to be running fine.

Can anyone recommend someone in the US to do a crystal replacement and pressure test quickly and at a reasonable cost? Better yet, any recommendation in the Seattle area?

I've checked IWW and Everest Watch Works and it looks like these services are not offered. Bob Thayer will replace crystals, but it looks like there's no pressure testing.

This had become my most commonly worn watch on weekends, so I'm going to miss it until it's fixed. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think Bob pressure tests them when he puts in the new crystal, its part of the package. Might as well put a sapphire one in now.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
You also need someone to check the movement. Shards of glass can get into the movement when a crystal shatters thus damaging it. Even though it is running fine today, it may be really causing some damage.

just my 2c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts