WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
hopefully you've pressure checked the seals lately and ensured robust water resistance. :-D

Reactions: JNW1

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I used to do horse medicine and my Tag Professional has a bunch of wear from being banged around in barns and I scratched the crystal up enough that I had it replaced during a service. Those beasties sure are tough on equipment!
And people, out of the ordeal I got a busted watch and she got a shiny new titanium hip!

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
I used to do horse medicine and my Tag Professional has a bunch of wear from being banged around in barns and I scratched the crystal up enough that I had it replaced during a service. Those beasties sure are tough on equipment!
Did you wear a Ball when you had to tie off the baby lamb's testes so they would die and fall off a few days later? :p

Reactions: JNW1

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Did you wear a Ball when you had to tie off the baby lamb's testes so they would die and fall off a few days later? :p
I never did that to baby sheep. However, I have performed an orchiectomy on horses. I've done a lot of very interesting things at work. Very interesting.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
I never did that to baby sheep. However, I have performed an orchiectomy on horses. I've done a lot of very interesting things at work. Very interesting.

Orchiectomy sounds so much more dignified than my "tight rubber band around the ballsack until it dies and falls off." :ROFLMAO::D:):oops::eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My better half, a groom in the racing industry, had an altercation with the winner of the 1:30 at Chepstow a few years ago and this is how she returned my watch to me...
View attachment 16709481
i'd be loath to lend her any kind of timepiece after that.
i wore my 1970's tudor sub ( my first good watch at $600. new with jubilee bracelet) everyday as a structural ironworker here in nyc and it sustained none of the wear and tear your's did. occasionally some welding splatter would embed itself onto the crystal but despite pneumatic bolting up machines and rivet busters it held up fine. fast forward to 1988 when i took a job at rikers island as a welder and upgraded my watch first to a rolex gmt then later to a gold and steel sub which stayed in my office locker due to the fact i was surrounded by felons waiting trial.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts