WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My brother in law, among other things, raises beef cattle. A Seamaster might be the master of the deep, but it doesn’t stand a chance against a cattle gate & a 1,000 lb. steer. I’ll have to see if I can get an “after” pic.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: JNW1

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have some unique challenges to my watch at work. I’m a veterinarian and was viciously licked by an overly friendly Bernedoodle this morning. Time to clean my watch!
View attachment 16709409

All better now:)
View attachment 16709417
So am I. I stopped wearing anything with a SS band to work as the clasps were getting all scuffed up on the SS exam tables I had. I had a dog bite me in the arm and destroyed a beater Alpha SS banded watch. I don't wear anything of value to work.

Reactions: JNW1

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I love WUS for teaching me new things

Like the fact a Bernedoodle exists
Just wait ‘til you see a Rottihuahua.

How does that even happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Mediocre and JNW1

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Aah, Citizen's famous 'goober dial'...

I'm a state school teacher, it always amazes me how sticky my watch can get, not sure why it gets sticky, don't really want to dwell too much on it... My kids are often sticky too, is there a specific age we stop being sticky?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought about gifting a watch to my sister who's a vet after watching my vet take a pulse, but quickly remembered all the stories she's shared of slobber, blood, pee, and worse she gets on herself.

My worst scratch is from a hallway door at work closing too fast and the 60s era cast iron door handle hitting the mineral glass. Lucky it didn't crack and it buffed out pretty good (still there) but the glass on my Timex I hike with and have taken nasty spills while wearing somehow doesn't have a scratch.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts