WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SAM_6282.JPG

This will be a protracted review for reasons I will explain later. In fact I was not going to publish what I had written prior to receiving the watch but it may benefit a reader or two so here it is:

Not much to be found in the way of reviews about this watch. I found it compelling because the two hand approach is more relaxing especially for a quartz movement in this case the Miyota GM15 with date at six.The elimination of the second hand also increases battery life from 3 to 5 years for the miniscule 364 size cell. I normally begin watch reviews as soon as they are ordered and while waiting for them to arrive. This exception is because the pictures and other information available prompted me to wait.
Quote from Wikipedia “Danish Design is a style of functionalistic designand architecture that was developed in mid-20th century. Influenced by the German Bauhaus school, many Danish designers used the new industrial technologies, combined with ideas of simplicity and functionalism to design buildings, furniture and household objects,many of which have become iconic and are still in use and production.Prominent examples are the Egg chair, the PH lamps and the SydneyOpera House.”

No mention of watches however the style surely influenced the creation of this brand of the same name.

SAM_6280.JPG

https://www.danishdesign.com/
So copied from their website:
History
The creation of Danish Design watches goes back to 1988 when the demand of modern designs was high but the offer in design watches was very low. Although nowadays the offer becomes bigger and bigger the modern design remained. One of the very first series of Danish Design is by Danish designer Jan Egeberg. Over the years various other Danish freelancers designed for the brand.
Timeless and classic with a worldwide allure. Scandinavian designs are famous for its simple, elegant and pure characteristics. Inspired by the currentzeitgeist but never led by it, Danish Design keeps it simple and subtle.
For 30 years Danish Design has manufactured high quality watches and accessories that can be worn for every occasion. Time has no boundaries.
Our products The timeless design watches and titanium jewelry that Danish Design has to offer have high-quality standards, such as being anti-allergic, they are comfortable to wear and special in pure design. In order to endure these standards each item has two years of worldwide warranty.
Together with a group of international designers the classic and elegant designs are being created. All the watch cases are made of stainless steel, titanium or ceramic and topped with either a mineral crystal, or scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass. The straps are either made from genuine leather, nylon or rubber and the bracelets are made from stainless steel, titanium or ceramic.

The Weisz Group is an international leading watch and jewelry company. Our head office is located in the Netherlands. We have sales offices based in United States of America, St. Martin, India and Israel.
DanishDesign is founded and owned by the Weisz Group and holds its manufacturing and distributing rights.

SAM_6278.JPG

SAM_6281.JPG

Currently Danish Design offers a huge selection of man’s and woman’s timepieces. Now on with our review of this particular model beginning with this published information.

DanishDesign Men's IQ12Q984 Tirtsah Black Analog WatchProductInformation:

• Brand: Danish Design
  • Series/Model #: IQ12Q984, Tirtsah
  • Item Shape: Round
  • Dial Window Material Type: Mineral
  • Dial Color: White
  • Display Type: Analog
  • Clasp: Buckle
  • Case Material: Stainless Steel
  • Case Diameter: 40 mm
  • Case Thickness: 8 mm
  • Band Material: Leather
  • Band Length: Men's Standard
  • Band Width: 18 mm
  • Band Color: Black
  • Bezel Material: Stainless Steel
  • Bezel Function: Stationary
  • Movement Type: Japanese Quartz
  • Water Resistant: 30 M (Note should read 5 atm)
  • Warranty Type: Factory

Here now are some of my thoughts. (before receiving the watch)
The style is minimalist, perhaps, fashion although the 39mm case is smaller than today's fashion trend but would work for today's women seen wearing larger watches. There seems to be a trend among men to get back to the 40mm size sweet spot for daily wear. Having said that, this model could then be well described as unisex for 2018. I hesitate to even make any such remarks or comments lest the backlash of what is correct or allowable seems unknowable and frankly increasingly ridiculous. Insert gender identity rant here.
So let's just get to the watch with it's svelte 8mm thick stainless steel shell, nitro pill size crown, and sterile 18mm black genuine leather strap. Weighing just 38 grams it disappears off the wrist in moments but is present when needed to display a legible, no nonsense time and date with clear black on white markings. Having the minute track with longer hour markings distinguish this IQ12Q984 and it's black face twin the IQ13Q984 from some of the more austere dials that involve more guess work determining just what time it may be.
One feature of the dial that does not show up in the front view pictures is the fact that the dial is not flat. It is rather a deep dish, if you will, giving a sense of depth, interest, and character to what may otherwise be a boring flat thin watch. Nice design here.

SAM_6280.JPG

So the watch arrives in a box light as a feather. Watch itself only 38 grams with a lovely, subtle leather strap. The case is nicely finished with 5 atm water resist not the 30 meters in the product description. That is a plus. It feels very light and comfortable on the wrist.

SAM_6285.JPG

The small smooth round crown functions with no issues strong detents into positions 1 and 2.

Legibility is good in low light with the exception and for me the absolute deal breaker. The date. I am surprised at how well it can be read in the pictures and in fact how good the dial looks. In person, however, the date is miniscule and impossible to read without strong lens help. That is the reason I packed it up, very disappointed and thinking I would not even bother publishing this review. So I did not even take out the caliper to check the measurements for you. No lume shot as there is no lume but the visibility is good though the markers seem too thin in my opinion. The dial also has a cheap stamped pieced together look that does not come through in pictures. I really don't like posting negative reviews and perhaps the review is more balanced than my disappointment. The company is responsive and when I asked for information I received this message:

Thank you for your message.
The model that you have chosen is powered by a Miyota GM15 movement which uses cell battery 364. It is unclear to us what the ticks per minute is, but as it doesn’t have a second hand the battery last a lot longer than the comparable GM10 and GM00. It should be 5 years compared to 3 years from the moment a new battery was set in the watch.

The design of this watch has a dial that includes both an hour marker and a minute marker both in clear contrast to the dial. The 39mm case is matt brushed stainless steel and strong/robust enough to have a water resistance of 5 ATM.

I hope this helps you further in writing a complete review.

Thank you,

DANISH DESIGN

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts