WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

trying to find a unique watch to get me out of my current watch boredom with my current models, i consider buying one of these dashboard-like watches:

1330791144.jpg

bell&ross, demotu, and other brands have them, resembling old airplane dashboard instruments

however, in order to make it appealing to me, it must have bracelet that is of the same width of the watch case and its width will be the same all across its length

have you seen any or know if i can do it like that?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
b-) Speedometer watches, one of my favorites, 1960 VW Beetle
I think I just did a small vomit in my own mouth.

PS - To the OP - I don't know a whole lot aboutt he style of watch you like so I cannot be much help. I do love the IWC brand which does some nice watches along the lines of which you describe, but maybe not with the width of bracelet/strap.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have that exact B&R, I love it, but all of my friends tell me its the ugliest most ungangliest watch they've ever seen. I'm fine with it, but if you're a guy who's feelings about watches are colored by popular opinion, you've been forewarned. Also, that watch is a might expensive for what you get. I believe those are even around 4500 grey market?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I have that exact B&R, I love it, but all of my friends tell me its the ugliest most ungangliest watch they've ever seen. I'm fine with it, but if you're a guy who's feelings about watches are colored by popular opinion, you've been forewarned. Also, that watch is a might expensive for what you get. I believe those are even around 4500 grey market?
No. The B&R 03 model in SS without Chrono should be around $2200. If you wait for them to come up on the forums they should be even cheaper.

Jomashop usually has these for a good price, but they're grey market and support their warranty themselves.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
they're grey market and support their warranty themselves.
Shouldn't be a deal breaker as they are just ETA movement under the skin, not sure about their newer offering tho'

OP should look more than vintage HEUER, alot of racing dashboard related timepiece from that era

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
No. The B&R 03 model in SS without Chrono should be around $2200. If you wait for them to come up on the forums they should be even cheaper.

Jomashop usually has these for a good price, but they're grey market and support their warranty themselves.

Ah, for some reason I assumed 46mm

·
Registered
739 Posts
however, in order to make it appealing to me, it must have bracelet that is of the same width of the watch case and its width will be the same all across its length

have you seen any or know if i can do it like that?
thanks!
Ish, this could be hard. The regular, big B&R, 46mm, have 24mm lugs. If you want the strap to be the same size as the external side of the lugs, you most had 6-8mm. So you'll get a 32mm strap.

It could be done, but it'll be stiff on wrist. You just have to ask any strap maker.

If you're really talking about a metal bracelet, then maybe some Invicta...

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
I just found this one looking for another:

I am looking for another that is totally awesome that I have a catalog to around here somewhere, I can't fine it. These were really high end watches with good movements that resembled the gages in different high end sportscars, etc. I'll keep looking - this was several years ago. I always wanted one but they were just out of my range then.

Incidently... the time on the watch above is 7:42 pm.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts