WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, would really appreciate your input on this , i was fooling around with my dad's PAM one day when i tried to change the date on the watch. But the date will not move and i thought it was jammed......after sometime, i realise the time on the watch is between 10pm to 3am!!!:rodekaart:rodekaart (i am told not to set the date between this time, it can spoil the watch).

Now the date is able to change but i am wondering if it is normal for a Panerai watch date to change instantly like my other swiss watches with day date or does the date wheel move slowly to change the date as the time nears 12am(hmm ... like my seiko )?

help pls.

p.s i have not told my dad about it yet :-x

·
4,076 Posts
Most of the auto PAMs are based on the ETA/Valjoux7750 movements. Every 7750 powered watch I've ever owned took a little time to switch the date. It didn't click over instantly at midnight like other ETA movements.

What model is your dad's watch?

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the auto PAMs are based on the ETA/Valjoux7750 movements. Every 7750 powered watch I've ever owned took a little time to switch the date. It didn't click over instantly at midnight like other ETA movements.

What model is your dad's watch?

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much sir!!!

That little piece of information is great!
Least i know i did not damage it. only thing was the date change was about 5 mins early.

His PAM is the luminor titanium model, with power reserve , 300m water resist, limited to 400pcs. Dont know the model number sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts