WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just got a PO (see my thread with pictures: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=314423)

And i have a small question.

Yesterday, i was setting the date, and while switching between 2 dates, i accidently pulled the crown to position 3 to set the time. The date window got stuck between 2 dates. When i switched to crown to position 2 to set the date again, the crown was spinning but the date was not changing anymore. My heart just started pumping really hard at this point. So i set back the crown to position 3 to set the time again, and i manually change the time untill i reach 0:00h and miraculously, the date switched to a full number, not between 2 dates anymore.

So tonight, it was around midnight and i wanted to see the date changing and i saw that the datewheel was already starting to switch between the 2, as you can see on the picture, and 3 seconds after this picture, the date switched, not gradually. Is this normal? I tought the date would flip one shot.

This only happend at 11h59, then it switched at 00h00 and the date is in perfect position.

Question 2:

While switching the date, i discovered that on the number 9 and 19, there is a small white line on the date wheel, is this normal?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The first thing you mention about the date starting to flip just before midnight and then turning over quickly is normal, I believe...the few times I have watched my PO at midnight, I have heard a little click as the date changed quickly, but almost positive that it starts to advance just a little bit ahead of time.

There is a note in the owner's manual that Omega does not recommend setting the date between 8 pm and 2 am, so hopefully you were not messing around with it during this window. I don't know the consequences (nor does Omega describe the risk), but I have read on this forum that the movement can be damaged by editing the date during this timeframe.

I don't know about the 9 and 19 questions.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
On my PO the date begins to change as you show it and completes the change with a neat snick. All happens within about a minute, though you can barely see the shift for very long - less than a minute. So, nothing wrong with your watch based on this observation alone.

OMEGA suggest you dont change the date, as Eric says, between 8 pm and 2 am. This means that the auto change mechanism engages for the change sometime between these two times. So, OK to see a little shift I guess.
And, as Eric says, dont fiddle with the mechanism at this time. You can foul it up.

That mark looks like the one on many date dials - an aid during assembly.

STOP fiddling with it so much man!! ;-)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did indeed changed the date several times between 8pm and 2am.... I have read the manual but forgot about this when i wanted to set the time exactly to the time on weather channel...

I hope it doesnt mess anything, the date changes fine , always between 11:59 and 00:00, everything is ok so far.

Thank you for your replies, i wont fiddle that much anymore :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
As it's Friday I might stay up till Midnight to see the date change, I've never looked out for it before.

Oh no, this makes me a really sad case doesn't it...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.