WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Other than personal preference, are there any reasons to avoid a date cyclops? The 2006 contract Marathon SAR's are easier to come by (and cheaper) with the date cyclops rather than without.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Hello,

Other than personal preference, are there any reasons to avoid a date cyclops? The 2006 contract Marathon SAR's are easier to come by (and cheaper) with the date cyclops rather than without.

Yes, Norad advises against protecting the cyclops from UV exposure, as it is used in Alien signaling devices.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Yes, Norad advises against protecting the cyclops from UV exposure, as it is used in Alien signaling devices.
DUDE! shhhhhh!!!! If the Earthlings find out, they'll destroy all cyclopses and we won't be able to contact the Mothership.

Seriously, I don't like the cyclops on the surface. It looks like a see through wart. I didn't mind the older ones that were molded into the underside of the crystal though.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Looks a bit of an eyesore in the Glycine Incursore chrono.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm curious about this too. I prefer without myself (I'm young, I can still see!) but I wonder about durability problems. Is a cyclops prone to scratching? Can it cause other problems with the crystal?

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I like 'em...don't need my glasses....love the cyclops.......always cheered for him in those Sinbad films from the 1960's.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I reckon they are atrocious ugly spooge magnets.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'm curious about this too. I prefer without myself (I'm young, I can still see!) but I wonder about durability problems. Is a cyclops prone to scratching? Can it cause other problems with the crystal?
They are not scratch magnets and they don't cause problems with the crystal. They are fugly though and I get a lot of requests to remove them.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If they are on the inside, then they are tolerable. But I don't like them stuck on the outside at all. I do kinda like the magnifier on the Victorinox/Swiss Army Dive Master 500, though.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Fugly things. But next time you see someone wearing a watch with a cyclops, take pity on the poor unfortunate soul. Not only are they visually challenged they also have terrible memories. :-d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts