WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need an input from the Doxa experts. I just realized that there are different date size between my two 5000T. My Professional has smaller font size than my Caribbean. I tried to Google it and found nothing. I saw the date variation on the Google images also. Any input are appreciated. Pic attached Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Movement variances perhaps? Your Professional looks like it could be a Soprod A10, and the Caribbean like a standard ETA. Which was purchased more recently (and thereby could be assumed to have a more recent build date)?
DOXA switched to high grade Soprod movements lately, and looking at my 1500T (Soprod) and my Squale 50 Atmos, the variance looks about the same. I'll post a picture shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know Doxa was only using the ETA 2892 for the 5000T series. The series were started back in 2007. The only thing, I can think of is the production year but I can not find any concrete information.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
These watches were manufactured in batches over the course of approximately 5 years. The font size difference is probably just a result of the date-wheels being purchased at different times, and the changes that whoever made the date-wheels, made over those 5 years.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly the information I am looking for. I am trying to get specific information or timeline on when Doxa started using the different font. Did this happen only on the specific batch or year? Any share expertise are appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts