WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to this watch thing but I had never even heard of this brand until I saw them in the current IW magazine issue. Anyone know anything about them? Quite an extensive line. Fairly conservative design element, larger sizes in general. Good specs. Odd distribution scheme. Anyone?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I'm relatively new to this watch thing but I had never even heard of this brand until I saw them in the current IW magazine issue. Anyone know anything about them? Quite an extensive line. Fairly conservative design element, larger sizes in general. Good specs. Odd distribution scheme. Anyone?
Very nice designs and above average fit and finish for the price point. I believe they are hooked up with D. Freemont some way also.

·
Banned
280 Posts
This is an old topic, but I was in a similar postion about this brand. Well, I just ordered my Davosa Argonautic (diver) with ceramic bezel and I am waiting the DHL guys to buzz at my door any moment now. I will keep you updated with some pictures of it.

I gotta say that I discovered them just by mistake as I was trying to find a good diver under 1K and nothing got my attention after doing my research for 2 weeks. At this price point, everything that looks nice has cheap movements and all with good mechanics show quite bad taste in design. And I got tired of "boutiquing" for my watch again and again to get the same Milsub, Omega, Pam or Benrus masquerade homage watches. To me, Davosa Argonautic seems to be a watch havign its own sense. Maybe Christopher Ward's Tri-Tech diver would be another one in this range as well...

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Davosa Classic Automatic is my favorite watch. The Davosa line has the same ETA movements as other watches costing much more. If you like the designs, I think it's a terrific brand with a quality movement for the price.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a Ternos Pro. I can only compare it to my Christopher Ward Trident. The Ternos is as well finished as the Trident. They are comparable in many ways. I will say that the bracelet on the C Ward is a bit nicer.

The Ternos is a great watch for the price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I came across Davosa on this website, wish I had known about them before I bought my Longines Hydroconquest. I bought the Davosa Ternos and it arrived two days ago. I absolutely love it. It is my first automatic watch and it is quite hefty. The case size is 40mm and the lug to lug is 48mm, on a 6.5" wrist, for comparison purposes.

Davosa.jpg

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Excellent quality. Around $330 for an ETA watch with good finishing and solid specs (SS, Sapphire, 2842-2, applied markers).

DSC02590_zpsnthr3wuo.jpg

1 - 20 of 70 Posts