WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase an anniversary Frogman, but I have a question about packaging? Why are some anniversary G-shocks packaged in a tin, while others are in a nice brown box, and still others seem to be packaged in a normal g-shock looking box? What's the deal? The one that I am looking at is currently posted in the private sellers forum...and it appears to be in a regular looking package. No tin...no nice anniversary box. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I spend too much money on a potentially fake watch. Thanks for your help!!!!

Also, how much did these sell for when they were released?

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
By "nice brown box" I assume you mean the carbon fiber-patterned "trunk"?

(Pic from g-peopleland)

I saw one of these boxes on ebay. dont know what it whent for but when i saw it it was up to 16 for box 16 for shipping. I like the carbon fiber look but not that much :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I saw one of these boxes on ebay. dont know what it whent for but when i saw it it was up to 16 for box 16 for shipping. I like the carbon fiber look but not that much :roll: :roll:
Yep, I personally like the tins better. The Carbon Fiber is just paper anyway and the tins take up less space ;-)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
$240 with free shipping :-! , but they are no longer available from Amazzon so if you find a Dawn Black for sale at a good price GET IT !!

I keep being reminded of the master blue at princton watches where they screwed up the system and sent watches to folks that had orded after several of us. great deal for those that got them at 239. was unhappy when i saw some being flipped write away. I wanted one to keep not profit on :-( thats the way it goes. but I dont have to be happy about it:roll:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I keep being reminded of the master blue at princton watches where they screwed up the system and sent watches to folks that had orded after several of us. great deal for those that got them at 239. was unhappy when i saw some being flipped write away. I wanted one to keep not profit on :-( thats the way it goes. but I dont have to be happy about it:roll:
Really? Making a profit out of fellow members doesn't seem in keeping with previous happenings on this forum. :think:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yup... (2) of them showed up in the sales forum for $385 to $390... :roll:

Nice markup fellas. <|

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
btw theres a DB Frog on the sales forum for a good price. if anybodys looking b-) b-) b-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts