WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the day and dates are never (from my experience) shown together on atomic solar G-shocks as opposed to quartz G-shocks which have them both showing at the same time. Any reason for this? Would be nice if they had models like that.. If anyone knows of any, please provide links :-!

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
The GW-M5600 definitely displays day and date. I dont have access to post photos at the moment though.

off the top of my head, the 'older generation' atomic solar like Gulfman and Mudman dont display both but the newer GW-M850 does.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I noticed that the day and dates are never (from my experience) shown together on atomic solar G-shocks as opposed to quartz G-shocks which have them both showing at the same time. Any reason for this? Would be nice if they had models like that.. If anyone knows of any, please provide links :-!

Thanks!
The solar atomic Riseman displays the day, date and year at the same time. The Multi-Band 6 solar atomic Mudman (GW-9010) also displays both the day and date simultaneously.

Even the new solar atomic GW-6900 can display both day and date.

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts

Thanks!
The atomiv solar GW-M5600 definitely shows day and date:

.:-!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Both of my atomics show the day and date at the same time, GW700BDJ and GW5525. That's actually a prerequisite of mine; I figure if I do that, it cuts down on the number of G's that I can possibly own :-d

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
besides the already mentioned models, there are quite a few watches from the casio wave ceptor series which show day and date simultaniously, some of them even the year. I will get this model soon, i know its not a g-shock the WR specification (20bar) however, along with the rugged look makes it almost one:

regards, holger

·
Registered
300 Posts

Thanks!
Are you sure about this? I think you may need to do a little more research my friend. :think:

ATOMIC MULTI-BAND 6 RALLY MUDMAN :-!

·
Registered
328 Posts
analog, but still...
atomic, day and date.

(arrived today, so i'm showing it off, just in case you came across this photo already today... ;-) )

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
analog, but still...
atomic, day and date.

(arrived today, so i'm showing it off, just in case you came across this photo already today... ;-) )
Wow what a beauty! What's the model no. of this watch? :-!

·
Registered
506 Posts
My PAW1500 shows both.
Stock photo:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Thanks!
This would be more of a challenge if you asked the opposite question!

Very odd!

·
Registered
803 Posts
THE watch used to be a G-Shock with atomic, solar, and a 24hr CDT. But that changed with the introduction of the Riseman, Mudman Rally, etc.

NOW, in my mind, the perfect G would be a 5600 series with multiband 6, solar, and a 99hr CDT. And on top of it all, a screwback.

Sigh....one can always dream.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts