WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a haq with day date? I’m usually an automatic guy but would love to have a haq in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts
I may be wrong but, as far as I recall, the only HAQ with day-date is the Grand Seiko models based on the 9F83 caliber. The day of the week is nowadays very hard to find and the exceptions are not high accuracy.

·
Registered
808 Posts
SnickerZ I am kind of where you are on coming full circle and looking at the 9F quartz from Grand Seiko. The more I read about them the more I want one. Is a watch like the Seiko Astron GPS worth considering. Not a simple face and maybe not a true high end quartz but love the size and accuracy. I really like their diver 9F but it even lacks a date.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Would the OP consider vintage? The Crystron 4 Mega cal. 7370 and various Twin Quartz calibres have day/date complications. In digital format there's also Casio's watches with module 75 which obviously also include the day and date.

There are probably also some more modern ana-digis that present both the day and date, but I'm slightly lacking in knowledge about those. Besides, I get the impression that a digital or ana-digis isn't really what the OP is after.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys I’m going to take a look at the grand seiko and citizens that were recommended .

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I like this watch too. But, it seems to be plagued by tic marks misalignment-- search this forum for several posts about it. The one I saw in person was misaligned in one quadrant of the dial, which just should not be the case with any quartz GS. Maybe they'll correct it, but frankly, I was surprised GS allowed these to leave the factory, and it's deprecated my opinion of the marque.

...and in fact the SBGT241 has the 9F83 inside it !

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts