WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day wheels are usually bi-lingual. In most cases, one language is English, and the other one is one of the "bigger" ones, like French, German, Chinese or Japan. Less frequently we see Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, perhaps Swedish...

So, does anyone has a watch with some other language on the day wheel? Let me start with my Darwil, which has and Italian and Slovenian combination. There are only two million native speakers of Slovenian language, so perhaps the smallest language with its own day wheel. ;-)

PON is for ponedeljek, which is Monday. And yes, it is Slovenian language, not the similar Croatian or Serbian, because for Tuesday it's TOR - torek. In other ex-Yugoslavia languages, Tuesday is utorak (UTO).

·
Registered
229 Posts
That’s so cool!!! I don’t have any watches with weird day wheels or small languages unfortunately but I love yours!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
After years and years of collecting Seiko I only had ever had English/Spanish, English/Roman and English/Arabic, I bought this watch last Oct and it is my 1st Kanji day wheel :)
LM1212.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts