WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a friend who is offering me to watches.

Rolex Black Dial SS for $9800

Overseas Dual Time titanium for $ 13000

Which one would you guys pick??

Appreciate your opinion!! :)

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I would pick the Daytona and only because I'm not a fan of Titanium watches. They get marked/scratched/dinged too easily.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Take the VC and run. The Daytona is difficult to read and has no date while the VC is an almost perfect daily wearer and traveler. (IMO)

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
The VC for me, thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
No pics no opinion!!
This is a really good point.

In terms of the Rolex Daytona, it really, really depends on the reference number (year/model). No getting around the fact it doesn't have a date, though, which may or may not bother you. If it does, then the VC is your watch, unless you're concerned about titanium, as has been said. Otherwise, if the date/no-date isn't of concern to you and don't have any preference for steel over titanium, without seeing the actual watches in question, hard to say anything more other than the fact that both are top-notch companies, making great time-keepers, etc., thus comes down as to which design appeals to you more.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Now that I have seen the pics, I shall bestow my opinion on this thread.

I say if not having a date doesn't bother you (I am assuming it does not since you are considering both watches), get Daytona.
While I like VC as brand, that particular model isn't going to be my choice as the dial looks so unbalanced and I hate the date in subdial look as I think date in plain number is MUCH MUCH easier to see. I would have preferred it to have a bigdate instead of the pointer date in a subdial.

Now, that I have bestowed my valuable insight, go and acquire the watch!!! (and post REAL pics afterwards).

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I would go with the Daytona. Unless you picked the vc chrono.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Take the VC and run. The Daytona is difficult to read and has no date while the VC is an almost perfect daily wearer and traveler. (IMO)
If you can tell time, one is as "easy to read" as the other.
I don't like the unbalanced dial and and the crowded 2/3 subdial on the VC.
Visually I like the Daytona.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Daytona- Not only do I not like titanium watches and the dial of the VC just doesn't do it for me, but on top of that I really think the Daytona is one of the best, most iconic sports chronographs out there that you cannot go wrong with. Also, to me, it is very much the epitome of Rolex's offerings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts