WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Today i noticed that one of the pushers on my dc66 is missing. Despite not having bumped into something or any other mechanical abuse the pusher silently just said goodbye....

The DC66 is on constant duty on my wrist since at least 4 years. The watch itself dates back to 2013.
I just wrote an inquiry to damasko to see what this will cost me to fix.

But i begin to wonder if anyone else here has experienced such failure? Is this a common problem?

I’m loving my DC66 for not having to baby it. But if this turns out to be a common problem among more Damasko chronos i am very concerned regarding the reliability of my wristwatch.....

Let’s hear it. Anyone here had to deal with such failure before?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Quite unfortunate to hear! My DC66 Si has been in constant use since 2014 and the pushers still feel as crisp as on day one.

The only issue I had with my watch, was the fact that the stiffness of the bezel degraded after roughly 3 years (sent it back to the factory, to get it fixed).

Other than that, I'm very happy with my watch, looks brand new and runs like a charm...

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
An incredibly rare issue I am sure.

My DC67 has been going strong for three years despite very heavy use during all manner of work and conditions.

Barbing will take good care of you, just be patient as dealing with them can be grating.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is uncommon , and generally a result of some type of strain on the pusher. There is a tiny circlip which holds the pusher, and it would require outside force for it to release, it would not happen on its own.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....require outside force for it to release, it would not happen on its own.
Ok. But then again it didn’t suffer more than the usual watch does on the wrist. Can’t even remember a bum against a door or a drop. Still quite Interesting for this to happen in everyday use....

Let’s see what barbing comes up with. Got no answer yet from them.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It's only been a day rough from your first post. So if that is when you emailed Damasko, I would give them at least 3 days to respond. After that I would email them again.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,402 Posts
Give them more time to reply. They arrived in Barbing yesterday late coming from the Watchtime Düsseldorf event.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got the email reply:
Fixing will cost about 100€ plus shipping.

Well well, off it goes then to barbing.

But somehow, even if it gets fixed, the feeling of having an unscratchable and super reliable watch finally got a scratch and a dent.....this should not happen in daily use.

·
Registered
125 Posts
....this should not happen in daily use.
I quite agree. I would also be frustrated at the presumption of 'user error'. The pushers on these are protected by being recessed into the case, the thickness of the case itself and bezel; it would be difficult to have an impact with the pusher that was not deflected by the bezel.

Circlips are fiddly little things, fitted correctly they are solid, though it's easy to think that they are fully on when in fact they are slightly twisted and one of the three prongs (usually the middle one) isn't fully seated in the grove. I've swapped out buttons on Casio watches that use circlips and I have a box full of them.

Good luck I hope you get it sorted. 100 Euro doesn't seem a bad price for the work involved.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My apologies, on closer examination of the photo, it appears the stem is still there (held in by the clip) but broken off just past the pusher tube.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
But somehow, even if it gets fixed, the feeling of having an unscratchable and super reliable watch finally got a scratch and a dent.....this should not happen in daily use.
It doesn't happen in daily use, because then it wouldn't have worked for more than four years of constant duty (as you said) and would be a known issue.

Most likely it's simply a material-fault. It can happen with any material at any price from any supplier with any manufacturer. This does not reflect on the reliability at all! And you know that Damasko is known for their hard-wearing watches and as Mike told you in #2, that issue hasn't been reported since the Damasko-forum exists, which is since 2014. It's not only not common, it's so superrare that you just won the lottery jackpot. ;-)

If it had happened to me, I wouldn't even think about it the next day and definitely don't worry furthermore when it returns from service!

Cheers!
Bernd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts